• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

on a bit of a downer :-((((((((((((

At 2 months post op you could ....

• Eat whatever you wanted, within limits

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • eat most things, but struggled with a few foods

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • eat one or two solid items and that was it

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • barely eat anything solid

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Ryan try Brazil nuts high in protein and selenium.

Wendy x

@Honeykiss - will be trying Brazil nuts over the weekend.

Unfortunately things havent improved, well I say that but I actually havent vomioted for over 3 days - whoop! Whoop! But have only had porridge for 3 days. The doc has put me on permanent anti sickness meds until further notice and has decided to put a camera down in early weeks of January, so if it is a stretch that is needed, at least they can see and identify! BUT I am feeling better and more positive! Going to try some egg in the morning! Fingers crossed!

Iv found eggs just don't stay in but Craker breads and philli and nuts do ! How mad is that

i hope you get it sorted out soon, it does seem to be a mind over matter thing and will take time but hopefully the anti depressants will help xx have you tried melba toast with cottage cheese or marmite they give a good flavour but just crunch away in your mouth xx take care

Ryan I do think you have a stricture. Its a shame you have to wait until January to have them see you becuase fomr what I have read the stretch procedure although unpleasant does not take long and offers instant reutls, however be prepared if you do need a stretch you may need it done 2 - 3 times before it works permanently.

If I was you whatever you can tolerate just try and get it down you.

What about your supplements are they staying down? Are liquids ok ?

Wendy x

Unfortunately the egg (all 3 tea spoons and the 1 soldier) was not a winner and came straight up :-(

Wendy, totally agree that I reckon its a stricture and I am ready for the stretch if need be. Actually hoping for one, if it means a better result.

no supplements, just my daily forceval, which battles to go down but touch wood has not stuck yet.

the porridge i take i have bought especially and luckily is full of protein and other nutrients. so my bloods should be okay hopefully.

will keep you all posted.

Merry Christmas hun... you had your operation after me, and im on pureed food for another week... shouldnt you be on pureed...if things like bread and runy egg is coming up then your ot ready for it... i have to puree everything, apart from scrambled egg which i put milk in and a bit o soft cheese xx

Merry Christmas hun... you had your operation after me, and im on pureed food for another week... shouldnt you be on pureed...if things like bread and runy egg is coming up then your ot ready for it... i have to puree everything, apart from scrambled egg which i put milk in and a bit o soft cheese xx

Just wondering how you were?

Feeling okay. Christmas (food wise) was non existent, porridge and cheesy wotsits, but I still had an awesome time with my firnds and family!
I cant take much puree either unfortuantely, trued just the juice of a minestrone soup the other day, 3 tea spoons and unfortunatelyt didnt stay down. I am just shy of 3 months post op now and should be on solids (albeit small amounts) but unless its items that literally disintegrate I cant handle it. My surgeon putting a cam down in a few weeks though.
I am past being down about it though and feel pretty upbeat. Weight loss is great and I am nearly at a 6.5 stone loss. I am not vomiting whilst I stick to porridge and cheesy wotsits. and still getting my fluids down. So life is good and I am positive I will get there. :)

Thanks all for the support and concern!

Rayne Ryan had his op on the 30th September.

Ryan I think that the hospital has really let you down. This problem should have been sorted by now. Another WM c*ck up

To be honest Wend's. I have actually found the hospital really helpful and supportive. I am only 3 months post op and am managing liquids, certain purees and my meds. So am not in immediate danger. They first checked if it wasnt head issues and I had to give my happy pills time to kick in, tat asnt worked so now will be camera and possible stretch time. January is around the corner and soon my intake will be good.
Meanwhile I am making up for the down times with retail therapy! whoop whoop ;-)

The thing to try and remember, which is the hardest thing in the world because our head f*cks us over all the time, is that we are all individuals and our bodies react and behave differently. We sometimes embark on this journey with somewhat rose-tinted glasses and then get disheartened when our rose-tinted outcomes are not realised. The trick then is how to manage the emotions that result.

To be honest Wend's. I have actually found the hospital really helpful and supportive. I am only 3 months post op and am managing liquids, certain purees and my meds. So am not in immediate danger. They first checked if it wasnt head issues and I had to give my happy pills time to kick in, tat asnt worked so now will be camera and possible stretch time. January is around the corner and soon my intake will be good.
Meanwhile I am making up for the down times with retail therapy! whoop whoop ;-)

Ryan it shouldn't have been left this long.
I know the weight loss is good BUT your body can only take so much and the fact that you are having trouble keeping almost anything down has got to be playing havoc with you system.
Your vitamin and mineral stores are diminishing and sooner or later this will effect you health.
I hope when you go to see them next it will get sorted.:D

Back