• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On a stall 10 days post op! Help?

leanne1985

Good morning all,

I had my sleeve done 10 days ago and have lost 1 stone witch I'm really pleased about, but for the past 5 days I have stayed the same weight witch is worrying me a bit!

I'm still on the liquid stage and I am able to fit in a lot of liquid without restriction. I'm also constipated witch I should think won't help.

Is all of this normal? The fact that I haven't lost for 5 days is worrying!

Thanks in advance for you help xxx

Turps

From what I've read completely normal. Your body has had a huge shock and will still be swollen. Being constipated won't be helping either.

I know it's easier said than done, but just put your trust in the process, you will lose weight, that's inevitable. Just give your body some time. And maybe try to keep off the scales daily. Though I do know how tempting they are.

leanne1985

Thanks for your reply I know I need to try and relax.

I suppose you see how well others are doing and it makes you panic a bit!

Xxx

Turps

I suppose you see how well others are doing and it makes you panic a bit!

I totally get that.

I've been there, believe me, but you are doing great. I forgot to say in my first reply, congratulations on what you have lost. A stone is fantastic.

leanne1985

Yes your right I really must concentrate on the positives x

When I had the operation I felt hope for the first time in years! Just don't want to lose that feeling x

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me! I would be lost without the support of people on here x

FeeBee

I think constipation to a given because your body doesn't know what's hit it. Ask your team what they recommend :)
You'll hopefully feel a lot of restriction when you start trying to eat anything solid. I second @starryeyed try not to weigh daily if you can, I once put on 3lb apparently after going to the toilet which makes no sense! It's still very early days :)

puddytats

Stalls are normal - I stalled for 2 weeks, 3 weeks out. It's frustrating and screws with your head, but normal.