• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On the long and winding road to surgery! (I hope)

Samsara

Greetings! I'm a 40 year old female that has been overweight for the last 25 years :/ I am hoping to get funding for a sleeve one day but I see from reading posts that this process can be a long and challenging one.

Like a lot of other people here I have been through many weight loss experiences and I feel the surgery route is last chance saloon for me :eek: If I am fortunate enough to get funding at some point I will be extremely grateful having had to jump through the many hoops in order to get to the assessment stage.

If anyone has any experience of the process with the Oxfordshire PCT/Oxford Bariatrics Team I would love to hear from them. I may have some sleeve-specific questions too and I assume I direct these to the sleeve section of the forum?

Many thanks, Nic

Hello Nic! Not a sleever, nor from your neck of the woods, but welcome aboard the losing train. Good luck on your journey.

Hi. I can't help with Oxford but I can help with sleeve questions so ask away. I'm 5 months post op. eek. I don't know where the time has gone.

Welcome and good luck with getting your funding sorted. x

Hi Nic, I'm from Oxfordshire and have also taken part in Owls and finished it a few months ago. So at a very similar stage to you I guess. I'm currently in the process of my GP contacting the Oxfordshire PCT for funding, but before that I just need to have some up to date blood glucose tests. But in the mean time for the past 4 months I have been going along to a support group called Oxfordshire Banding and bypass organisation OBBO for short. These are held monthly at the Nuffield hospital in Oxford, the members there are at all different stages pre and post op, and bands, sleves and bypass. They hold meetings to discuss all aspects and even guest speakers such as the surgeons and nurses, well worth going if you can t think the next one is on the 20th at 8pm I will double check tomorrow for you. But anyway welcome and I'm happy to share my experiences as they happen within the Oxfordshire PCT route. Jay

Hi Nic, I'm from Oxfordshire and have also taken part in Owls and finished it a few months ago. So at a very similar stage to you I guess. I'm currently in the process of my GP contacting the Oxfordshire PCT for funding, but before that I just need to have some up to date blood glucose tests. But in the mean time for the past 4 months I have been going along to a support group called Oxfordshire Banding and bypass organisation OBBO for short. These are held monthly at the Nuffield hospital in Oxford, the members there are at all different stages pre and post op, and bands, sleves and bypass. They hold meetings to discuss all aspects and even guest speakers such as the surgeons and nurses, well worth going if you can t think the next one is on the 20th at 8pm I will double check tomorrow for you. But anyway welcome and I'm happy to share my experiences as they happen within the Oxfordshire PCT route. Jay

Thank you Jay. I already attend OBBO meetings when I can get to them so may have seen you there already?! I was at the last meeting and am planning to go to this one :)

Most probably, there isn't many of of us chaps. I'm easily spotted as the ginger one :) I'm also hoping to attend the next one so may see you there.

Welcome Nik and good luck with your funding

Back