• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ON THE OTHER SIDE

newday

Hi all. I'm through the worst of it. The op went well. Lasted two hours apparently. All I remember is blinking. I was in theatre with my eyes open, blinked and was in recovery, blinked and then back on ward. I was in a lot of pain but they did provide a morphine pump as promised. The pump was amazing!!! I did not need a catheter. I was up and walking three hours after the op. This was not advisable but I just couldn't use a bed pan!
The leak bag situated on the left of my body is sore at entry point and we are removing it today. My blood sugars have already dropped dramatically and they have cut my insulin to a mere few units. I had my first meal yesterday of clear soup and sugar free jelly. I managed two table spoons; yes only two and I was full to my neck. I just gave the jelly back to the catering lady as I knew that even considering eating the stuff was a joke.
All astounding and exciting.
My surgeon is so pleased with the results of the pre- op diet and my progress after op. I'm going home today at lunch time - 48 hours after op.
Now I must say this..... The day and night nursing staff were amazing! And the crap they have to put up with was disgusting. I witnessed rudeness, arrogance, abuse, behind the back jeering and Racism from patients of all ages. I just can't believe that this rubbish continues so blatantly today. It ruined my whole experience and reduced one nurse to tears. I will be making a complaint. I will also be sending in a complimentary letter regarding the nurses and doctors hoping people remember how grateful we should be for the sincere and hardworking care staff and medical professionals we have working in the NHS.
ANYHOO!..... I'm knackered and can't wait to get home to start my new life. I'm very happy and will update you all again very soon. Xxx

Welcome to the bench newday wishing u a speedy recovery :) getting the drain out is the strangest feeling. Not sore tho xxxx

Glad you're doing well and that everything went well for you.
I was lucky in hospital, everyone was polite and respectful towards the nurses. I was in a WLS only ward so maybe that's why? Anyway, lucky I wasn't in one with people who were rude/disrespectful or racist to nurse as they'd have me to deal with and that is not a pretty thought! *Growlz*
My nurses were amazing, so caring and helpful.

Fading Grace said:
Glad you're doing well and that everything went well for you.
I was lucky in hospital, everyone was polite and respectful towards the nurses. I was in a WLS only ward so maybe that's why? Anyway, lucky I wasn't in one with people who were rude/disrespectful or racist to nurse as they'd have me to deal with and that is not a pretty thought! *Growlz*
My nurses were amazing, so caring and helpful.

Ahhh. Thanks for your good wishes. The nurses were indeed very nice, professional and at times hilarious. It was a mixed ward with patients having a variety of procedures so I'm guessing you are right and it could be part of the reason for the bigotry but only partly.
I'm on the mend and just got home with a sack of meds and vitamins. I can sleep for England. My mum is here. She hasn't stopped talking bless her. She is more excited than I am. I'm so tired that her lips are moving but I'll be a rhinoceros' uncle if I know what she is saying!!!! Lol. X

Very happy for you. Hope you have a nice easy recovery :) x

Back