• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On the other side and feeling awful

mummykcb

i'm now 41 hours post op and never been in sooo much pain in my life. I came out of the op with a 3ml band fill and struggling to get much fluid down. Only been able to manage 1l a day at most. Still struggling to breath too. :wave_cry::confused:

Hi I came out with 4ml don't worry to much about the amount of liquid its just good u can drink some it does take awhile to get used to it but it does get better.little and often.

Try to realax and not to stress about it. If you are really struggling though, give the horpital a call ... Hope u feel better soon xxx

Like the previous poster said, I don't know much about bands but take it easy, rest up and I'm sure you'll be feeling much better soon....just think of the new you!
Em xxxx :)

Hi sweetie - first of all congratulations on the beginning of your new advantage. I can so relate to you at the moment - I was done on Thursday and I found the first couple f days tough. Best advice I received over the past couple of days are:

Take your pain killers every 4 hours - even when not in pain for the next couple of days
Use plenty of pillows at night
Plenty of peppermint tea

mummykcb said:
i'm now 41 hours post op and never been in sooo much pain in my life. I came out of the op with a 3ml band fill and struggling to get much fluid down. Only been able to manage 1l a day at most. Still struggling to breath too. :wave_cry::confused:

First of all CONGRATULATIONS xxxxxxxx

I was banded on the Thursday and felt rough up until Sunday night - but I realised that had I maintained my meds every 4 hours instead of only when I really needed it - I would have got much better sleeps early on and so speed recovery. I spent most of the nights just trying to get comfortable and I think all that wiggling about didn't help !! HOWEVER since Sunday I feel 100% better -occasional twinge but definitely better than the first 48 hrs. - and I can now start thinking properly about protein intake etc. Hope this helped

You are the same as me just did a post on this...... Ice lolly's are working for me, it's almost like I'm scared to swallow ..
But they say don't think for soup and things like that just make sure you get the liquid in xx

Not that it's going to make you feel better but it's nice for me to know that this is normal as I kind of felt alone on this one xxxx

Your never alone carre with us lot lol. Well done mummy really hope your feeling much better soon. xxx

I didn't get anywhere near a litre of fluids in me for these early days, just little and often and try not to focus at this time on the full amounts. My provider said at this point to expect maybe to drink 50-100mls over an hour period. And we don't have any fill to begin with as its not done until 5-6 weeks post op.

Little and often :) I also found clearer fluids easier to take at this time, so juice, squash and water, tea and coffee (warm not hot when down easier) but also a few days on moved onto skimmed milk as semi was too "thick". I now cant stomach semi skimmed at all lol

Same as u mummy!! Only had a 1 ml fill but it's hard to drink and a lot of pain in my throat x

It will be wind that's making it hard to breathe I get the same even before they fill me with air! Try cooled boiled water with a tiny bit of sugar in or just plain and peppermint tea your throat will be sore from tube in to help you breathe and should ease up soon hope your better soon xx

Hope by now you are feeling better! Take your medication, drink small amounts and rest as much as you can!
Hope this works, and congratulations fellow bandit!!
xx

Back