• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One week to go .....

Tricia1953

I am a very new member and I am due for my gastric bypass op next Saturday!! I have taken a look around the site and have found lots of really good information. I am beginning to feel quite nervous now but also I am really looking forward to my new life. My surgeon is Mr El-Hasani and I am going into the Chelsfield Hospital. I am confused by all the different pre-op diets that people seem to be on! Mine is the no carb, no dairy and no sugar one. I am coping well with it although a green salad with no dressing is an abomination!! My weight loss since 20 Feb has been 12 pounds. I have surprised myself how I have managed. Today is my 59th birthday and we are going out for dinner tomorrow evening (as my son, daughter and grandson all have birthdays next week). I, of course, will be sticking to chicken, green salad and water!! I just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to the future but nervous about the op and the following few months. T x

hi tricia and welcome to this wonderful site.
i am having my op next week too. i am having sleeve op next thursday 08th march at darlington memorial hospital. my surgeon is mr. samier.
i am very anxious and keep having silly thoughts like will i wake up etc., i have even wrote a will!!
anyway, as you have already found this site is very informative but also the peeps are all very supportive and welcoming too.
i hope your op goes smoothly and that you have a swift and successful recovery.
please keep posting your progress for others to read
thanks my love

Welcome & Good luck!

Hi Tricia, welcome to the site. I'm due to have my gastric band 2 weeks tomorrow & we have the same pre-op diet & surgeon. Good luck on your journey, don't know about you but I'm sooo excited!! x :)

Hi Tricia, I also had my operation with Mr El-Hasani at Chelsfield, They are all very pleasant there and will look after you.

Hope it all goes well

hi there and welcome, same diet as i am on

Welcome and i hope your journey is a smooth one xxxx

:welcome:

hi and welcome to this forum good luck. xxx

Welcome Hun n good luck on ur journey x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello Ladies

i had my surgery last friday 2nd march and i nearly got off the theatre trolley saying i cant do this but i am 4 days in and have been fine am loving i, am eating drinking no sicknes lost 5lb the day i came out of hospital, you will both be fine and once you lose those first few pounds you will know you have made the right decision, keep going ladies nearly there xx

Back