• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am already on the case........

kateyloo

Hi All,

I am so glad I found this site - I am due to have a gastric bypass with Mr Shamsi El-Hasani at Chelsfield Park Hospital on Sunday 16th January 2011 (next week!) - very excited but still slightly apprehensive - but this site is putting my mind at ease :)

I have been battling with my weight since a child and with a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and a lot of soul searching over the past 2 years I have decided (with the help of my very supportive boyfriend) to take the plunge and have a gastric bypass. :bliss:

I have been on the pre-op diet for a week now - I must say it is not bad compared to some I have read - lots of chicken, white fish, green veg and salad - a bit bland but at least you can fill yourself up on veg - oh I forgot to mention that they recommend at least 4 eggs a day too - bleurghhhhhh. :jelous: I should count my blessing though as I am not sure I could've coped on a shake only diet!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello :grouphugg: really but as per usual I started to ramble - I am sure you will be hearing plenty from me from now on.....

PS - If anyone else is on My El-Hasani's list for surgery then I would love to hear from you and maybe we can compare notes xx

Hi Katyloo,
I too am having my bypass with Nr El Hasani on the 13th Feb at Chelsfield. I'm fairly new to this site but have already found some members who have had Mr EH and the've said we are in safe hands.....
So glad you are finding the pre-op diet ok as I'll be starting that in a couple of weeks..
I'm sure we'll meet at one of the support meetings but in the meantime good luck with the rest of your diet week and I look forward to sharing notes and hearing about your progress over the coming weeks.

Becks xx

Hi Kateylou and welcome ! I had my bypass with Mr EH at Farnborough in May and go to the support group at Chelsfield. You're in excellent hands and I hope we'll meet at the support group after you've had your op ! Beccles too !

Hello and thanks for your messages :)

Becks and Rose - I most certainly look forward to meeting you at the support group at Chelsfield!

Becks - good luck with the pre-op diet and your surgery - if you need any recipe ideas to help the diet seem less bland then give me a shout - my chicken fried rice (without the frying and rice lol) is delicious and without it I think I would have been strayed .....

Rose - it looks like you are doing really well - how is it going/feeling?

Hi Kateyloo and :welcome: to the forum :D Good Luck with your upcoming surgery, Im just over 3 months out from my bypass and its the best thing I ever did :D XX

Hello and welcome .... your pre op diet sounds like a veritable feats, Mr El-hasani is very kind to you all lol xx

Hello and welcome was just wondering how come all these pre op diets are so different??? all the best x x

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: and wishing you all the very best in every way with your weightloss journey...

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love... Bev xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096:

Back