• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pollylina

Hello I'm new to this and I've booked my surgery for a gastric band with dr el hasani in 2 weeks time. Very excited and nervous. Haven't told loads of people just immediate family. I have to start my pre op Diet tomorrow given to me by chelsfield park. Does anyone have any meal planner ideas. I found the sheet very confusing just sounds like chicken, eggs and green veg and jelly. I hate jelly. Help

Hi and welcome, good luck with the surgery, I’m afraid I can’t offer any advice re your pre-op diet as a Luton and Dunstable it’s just milk, that’s it and a Bovril drink and s/f jelly, you could try making a milk jelly they are lovely so much nicer than a water one, a bit like a blamongue. Keep in touch xx

Thank you so much. I've survived day one of the pre op Diet. I've felt sick and headachy all day but just trying to drink the water. My body is in shock ha ha xx

Well done one down xx

I'm on day 4 now and I'm not actually that hungry anymore which is good. Still tired but I was up late last night. My only major problem is I hate jelly. Is there anything else I can eat?? I'm on chicken/fish and green veg Diet?? My op is on 9th June, can't wait

I’m hoping to be doing milk diet soon so shall be watching how you do with much interest. It’s strange how different hospitals do different types of pre op and post op diets x

I'm on day 4 now and I'm not actually that hungry anymore which is good. Still tired but I was up late last night. My only major problem is I hate jelly. Is there anything else I can eat?? I'm on chicken/fish and green veg Diet?? My op is on 9th June, can't wait
Have you tried making the jelly crystals with mostly milk, just dissolve them in about 6 fluid oz of boiling water allow to cool but not set then top up with milk to 1 pint, it really taste so different to “jelly” worth a try ? X

Back