• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

online shopping for post op?

hopefulmum

Hi all,

So I appear to be panic buying right now for my post band diet at tesco online lol

I am looking for some real life suggestions of what is good to have. My dietician advised that I stick to liquids for 4 weeks as most people dont like the mushy stage. Hence why I thought to come ask for some advice. there seems to be a lot of conflict around to smilmfast or not to slimfast? I need something low sugar as diabetic and have heard that these are really high?
i think slimfast would be a great breafast option for at work mind you and I amback in 2 weeks. anyway I hope to hear from you all soon, only 2 hours to get this shop done! ha ha

x

Hi

I wouldn't recommend you buy too much. Like you I panic bought loads and now three weeks out I am stuck with a lot of it because I just dont fancy it or can't stomach it!
I have developed a milk intolerance so all the slim fast is being unused, unless my little allergy subsides. Someone recommended big soups blitzed up, so bought ten but can't stomach liquidised meat!

So my advice is buy a few things to try and then maybe do a big online shop a week or so after surgery! I didn't develop my milk allergy until 2 weeks post op so just tread carefully!

I'm sure you will be fine though xxxx good luck xxxx

I would stick to mainly cup a soups a couple of yogurts runny things basically lol

even though he has suggested 4 weeks of liquid because some people dont like the mushy stage do you not like things like scrambled eggs, runny weetabix, cottage pie, fish pie, cottage cheese, the insides of a jacket potato with well mashed baked beans. Theres plenty of ideas. theres now way i could cope 6 weeks on a liquid diet especially as i have milk intolerance and IBS.

Nothing beats the mushy phase as you get to taste normal foods again. Just be mindful you'll be well enough to go shopping after two weeks for def so I'd wait n see what you're fancying by then?as for slimfast in my opinion I'd say no as they're carb heavy,tesco do a wieder bodyshaper chocolate shake ready made can at around £1.99 that's to die for and has 25g of protein in, one of those a day would do you much better nutrionally. Remember more protein/ less carbs you have the easier the body burns fat :)

I would be guided by whatever is on your providers list of acceptable foods. While i agree with jo that protein shakes are great, I had slimfast as it was on the acceptable food list as my provider doesn't advocate minimising carbs ... And its done me no harm whatsoever. horses for courses, have what you fancy methinks! Its all about achieving the right balance for you. As most people have said though, i wouldnt go mad shopping as your appetite and taste buds may not be the same as you expect them to be. After four weeks on liquids ... mushies stage was absolute heaven :D

Back