• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POST OP CRAVINGS

Hi folks,
Well I am now 4 days post op and back at work - hard going but getting there... wind pains sort of easing slightly and wound pains....... But I am starving.... i have to stick to a liquid diet for 2 weeks then weeks 2-4 sloppy diet and feel absolutely starving.. any suggestions for these phases? I am currently having cup-a-soup with no bits, hot choc, yoghurt with no bits but all very dull and boring..... any suggestions would be helpful - really feel like I want to eat but know I can't. Don't get my first fill until sometime in November!

Im a bypasser but the immediate post op thing is the same and I promise that the cravings do go! Get some Covent Garden or thick soups and liquidise them, make some smoothies with skimmed milk and banana and strawberries, drink plenty of water - that staves off the hunger too. At mush stage there is scrambled egg, porridge, mashed potato, mince, lasagne, fish pie - all sorts! Remember the blender is your friend!

HI I am preop so cant be of any use but thought -

milk
smoothies made with milk, ice and fruit
custard
sugar free jelly
some one posted suger free jelly let it cool then add milk.
bovril
oxo
any thicker soup blended might feel more like a meal.
can you get sugar free milkshake mix.
hope you get through it quick x

Im a bander too and on my list of post op liquids were (from memory):

Slim fast
Blended soups - no lumps at all, the covent garden ones do blend right down
Smoothies
Complan
Youghurt drinks
Vegetable juice
Fruit juice

Cup a soup, hot choc and yoghurt will leave you feeling weak as you wont be getting enough calories in. Hope you find something to fill you up a bit more!

Maz x

I can't add anything else really except to say keep up your water drinking cos sometimes its thirst not hunger. I think your very brave going back to work soo quick, I couldnt have done it. Good luck and hang in there x

The cheapest blender ive come accross is tesco`s own hand blender @ £3.75 easy to clean as well!;)

I brought an asda blender for under a fiver and it's okay. Does my homemade veggie soup a treat......

If you fancy a treat make a sugar free jelly with 250ml boiling water then add a muller (i find strawberry jelly n black cherry yog nice) lite yoghurt, give it a stir and let it set. A real sweet sweet with little calorific values as it lasts for a few sittings...

Just like to add that i am 15 days post op and was feeling hungry, i have taken to hartleys sugar free strawberry flavoured granules, there lovely for a treat and like Julie says nice with a yoghurt as well, i drank loads more and had a couple of slimfasts in a day which helped was advised this when they called me from Birmingham for a post op check up, keep going hun its not for long X

frozen yoghurt is fab shove a lolly stick in it then freeze it gives the bite sensation then melts back to liquids mm yum yum xx

well I am self employed and don't work don't earn so had to get back but only doing half days in office and then half days at home.. today is the first day have really felt back on track but starving!!!!!

Just like to add that i am 15 days post op and was feeling hungry, i have taken to hartleys sugar free strawberry flavoured granules, there lovely for a treat and like Julie says nice with a yoghurt as well, i drank loads more and had a couple of slimfasts in a day which helped was advised this when they called me from Birmingham for a post op check up, keep going hun its not for long X[/YOU ARE SO RIGHT..... ONCE I GET ON TO SLOPPY FOODS WILL BE EASIER...]

I can't add anything else really except to say keep up your water drinking cos sometimes its thirst not hunger. I think your very brave going back to work soo quick, I couldnt have done it. Good luck and hang in there xTHANKS FOR YOUR WORDS OF WISDOM... HAD TO GO BACK TO WORK NO CHOICE UNFORTUNATELY BUT GETTING THERE......]

Im a bander too and on my list of post op liquids were (from memory):

Slim fast
Blended soups - no lumps at all, the covent garden ones do blend right down
Smoothies
Complan
Youghurt drinks
Vegetable juice
Fruit juice

Cup a soup, hot choc and yoghurt will leave you feeling weak as you wont be getting enough calories in. Hope you find something to fill you up a bit more!

Maz xHI THANKS FOR THAT... HAVE ACTUALLY FOUND THAT TO BLEND HOME MADE SOUPS SEEMS OK...AND SUCKING ON A MILKY BAR BUTTON SATISFIES MY SWEET TOOTH CRAVING....]

Back