• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only two pints of milk left Op Day tomorrow!

penguina

Well this is it. Op day tomorrow. Hubby let me out of the shop today, so I can pack and have a bit of a tidy up. I can't believe it is nearly here. :eek:

Early start tomorrow as I have to be at the hospital at 7.30am, but I guess at least we will be in before rush hour traffic. Not sure if being done first or second, they usually do the band first so they can go home the same day, but also sometimes do diabetics first which is me.

So Am I ready? "You bet" !

Wow how exciting, I wish you all the luck in the world for tomorrow although im sure you wont need it. Just think this time tomorrow you will be on the loosers bench.!!!!!

Good luck hun and hope your new life starts off in the best possible way

Thank you both so much. Yes loosers bench that doesn't seem real somehow. Even loosing this stone pre op - I don't feel any different yet. My brain thinks I am going on holiday what with packing etc, and never having been into hospital - it kinda feels like and adventure - bit odd, but!

And to you too Debz, Us 'August Babes' are dropping like wildfire. We can soon change pre opper to post opper.

Wow, good luck, it must be surreal now that it's really here! I'll be joining you soon on the losers bench - start pre-op on Sat and then bypass on 21st.....wish my pre-op diet was already over lol.:)

Good luck honey xxx

Good luck honey xxx

I Love you !!!! Haven't been called honey for well EVER !

Thanks everybody for your well wishes I just have to finish packing the kitchen sink and all, and then will be ready. Hubby is having fish and chips tonight, so no cooking at all, and not much washing up.

As for the milk diet, it was fine, not really hungry just head hunger when cooking and watching the telly. I didn't actually have the jelly I could have, I was fine with just milk but then I like milk. Only a faint headache for the first couple of days, I think I got away lightly really. Good luck for all you August Ops too, and of course to everyone waiting longer and for good news. xx

Minxie good luck with the pre op diet, as I said I think I got away lightly, so I hope you do well too. I lost 1st in 15 days, but will see what their scales say tomorrow morning ha ha mine might be being kind :rolleyes:

Just had a nice phone call from our Maltese friends wishing me luck and a prayer. Joanne reckons she will adjust their family diet to mine when we go over in November - might be a shock to their systems! She is a fab cook and I couldn't deprive hubby of her Pasta, Pizza, baked rice, and Chinese. Her fab soups will do me fine.

Good luck hun, you will be fine. Just dont get your hopes up that you will be down early I had to be at hosp for 7.30am but didnt go to theatre until 5.45pm! Looking forward to hearing from you when your on the road to recovery x x

2 more pints to go......how weird is that!!!

As I've already said best of luck...we'll all be waiting to see how you got on :)

Thanks Sarah and thanks for all your Pm's. We will meet up soon I am sure. I just have to get an invite to one of your weddings LOL.

I deffo will be done in the morning Mandy, as they only do one band and one bypass a week down here, our surgeon does other NHS gastric surgery in the afternoon. So as long as there is no emergency taking my theatre I will be fine !

Thanks Sarah and thanks for all your Pm's. We will meet up soon I am sure. I just have to get an invite to one of your weddings LOL.

I deffo will be done in the morning Mandy, as they only do one band and one bypass a week down here, our surgeon does other NHS gastric surgery in the afternoon. So as long as there is no emergency taking my theatre I will be fine !

I haven't been to a wedding for ages...I don't count working at them the stress is a bit full on, trying to make sure it all goes well:eek:

Back