• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Onwards and upwards

Snikki40

Hi everyone, I've been on 3 tier since Feb 2016 and was given a target of 1stone. I had appointment with Consultant 8th Aug and I'd passed my target only by 1lb but he was happy to refer me to James cook hospital (south tees). I have (yesterday) received the copies of the referral letters to my GP, dietitian and Bariatric surgeon, I'm so excited but I'm so eager to hear from anyone else who's under James cook as I'd like to hear their story and find out time scales for this area please

Lots of luck in your journey !
I don't know that surgeon but Im sure someone in here does and they will be along soon ..

You can search using the function in the top right corner. Best bet is to hot 'more'which takes you Tia more comprehensive search function

I can't help but hello and good luck :)

Is there anyone who's had or is on the path to having surgery at James cook university hospital, South tees plz

Morning all. I've got my seminar appointment 19th sept and I'm wondering if there's anyone who's been to south tees on this forum, I know I've asked before and there's posts from 2/3 years ago but I'm looking for some upto date info please x

Hi I was wondering if anyone using a cpap machine still needed it after surgery/weight loss please x

I had a bypass April 2015, I have lost 11.5 stone from the time I started my journey in July 2012, that's when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have been tested and my chart showed a significant drop from when I first started. This November I am being tested to see if I need the machine anymore. To be honest I am a bit afraid of trying to sleep without it, I suppose it's like a comfort blanket for me. But if I don't need it, it's another step in the right direction for me.

I had a bypass April 2015, I have lost 11.5 stone from the time I started my journey in July 2012, that's when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have been tested and my chart showed a significant drop from when I first started. This November I am being tested to see if I need the machine anymore. To be honest I am a bit afraid of trying to sleep without it, I suppose it's like a comfort blanket for me. But if I don't need it, it's another step in the right direction for me.
Wow you've done amazing!! I'm hoping after my op and dropping some weight that I won't need the cpap as I really struggle with it and end up taking it off every night. Thank you for your response x

Hi, I keep reading about ppl referring to the NHS waiting list guidelines, can someone enlighten me as to what this timescale is please. Tia x

Morning all. I've got my seminar appointment 19th sept and I'm wondering if there's anyone who's been to south tees on this forum, I know I've asked before and there's posts from 2/3 years ago but I'm looking for some upto date info please x
Hi,
I am being referred to James cook, but as I live in Bedale I don't have to attend seminar so I skip that part, I am seeing weight management team on 19 at the friarage in Northallerton. So I will be one step ahead of you, I'll let you know what happens.

Hi,
I am being referred to James cook, but as I live in Bedale I don't have to attend seminar so I skip that part, I am seeing weight management team on 19 at the friarage in Northallerton. So I will be one step ahead of you, I'll let you know what happens.
I wonder why you don't have to attend as I live in Dishforth and it's about the same in mileage. Im oblivious to the whole process as I failed to ask the relevant questions, I was just so happy to have been referred.

I wonder why you don't have to attend as I live in Dishforth and it's about the same in mileage. Im oblivious to the whole process as I failed to ask the relevant questions, I was just so happy to have been referred.
I assume it was the distance anyway....I can't think what else it would have been

So I'm going to my seminar tomorrow, any information or anything I should be aware of before I attend please. I'm so excited to be one step closer to surgery

Good luck at the seminar! I haven't been to one so I don't know what goes on.

Hopefully someone who has will be able to give more info.

I don't know if things are the same the country over, but when I went to my seminar at Sunderland I was weighed, then along with many others sat and attended a talk from the surgeon and dietician, both of whom described the operations available and diet changes etc. Once that was done you could go and state if you were still interested, and if so would be added to Sunderland's list for the next step. Or if you needed more time could phone up later.

Back