• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Onwards and upwards

Snikki40

I don't know if things are the same the country over, but when I went to my seminar at Sunderland I was weighed, then along with many others sat and attended a talk from the surgeon and dietician, both of whom described the operations available and diet changes etc. Once that was done you could go and state if you were still interested, and if so would be added to Sunderland's list for the next step. Or if you needed more time could phone up later.
Thank you, I'm going to south tees so not to far from Sunderland, might be same or similar.

vicky jenkins

Hi Snikki40
I had my appointment yesterday, saw the psychologist who said she didn't need to see me again, then got weighed, then saw physician and dietitian, both very nice guys, answered all the questions, the physio wasn't there so I'll get an appointment to see her, the dietician will send me appointment for 5 weeks time, but I asked for info for the meantime and he suggested going on 2 meal replacements ( breakfast and lunch) three snacks a day not over 100 calories per snack, and a nirmal evening meal 1/2 veg 1/4 each of carbs and protein.
Really happy with that.
Physician said that as my BMI was 50.7 if I lost 1stone 1lb in six months he would refer me to surgeon in 6 months.
Today I am feeling so motivated.
How are you after your seminar last night.......I was thinking of you

Snikki40

Hi Snikki40
I had my appointment yesterday, saw the psychologist who said she didn't need to see me again, then got weighed, then saw physician and dietitian, both very nice guys, answered all the questions, the physio wasn't there so I'll get an appointment to see her, the dietician will send me appointment for 5 weeks time, but I asked for info for the meantime and he suggested going on 2 meal replacements ( breakfast and lunch) three snacks a day not over 100 calories per snack, and a nirmal evening meal 1/2 veg 1/4 each of carbs and protein.
Really happy with that.
Physician said that as my BMI was 50.7 if I lost 1stone 1lb in six months he would refer me to surgeon in 6 months.
Today I am feeling so motivated.
How are you after your seminar last night.......I was thinking of you
Oh I'm glad to hear your happy with it all, 6 months will fly over and 1st is so manageable over that time. The team are all so nice and never make you feel judged or uncomfortable. The seminar was soooo long but really informative and answered so many questions. They weigh you and if you haven't lost the 10% weight loss goal originally set they give you another. A nurse rang me today to ask if I still want to go ahead and just run through a few medical questions, the only appointment I need now is another psychologist meeting. She said their waiting list is short and from last nights patients they were looking at surgeries in November, OMG I was jumping up and down at work I looked like a right nutter. All so exciting and nervous at the same time x

vicky jenkins

Yay, really happy for you, that's fantastic news , what have you decided to have?
Now you can prepare and get ready.

Snikki40

Yay, really happy for you, that's fantastic news , what have you decided to have?
Now you can prepare and get ready.
The team and surgeons decide which procedure is best for each individual so it's out of my hands but based on last night they mostly prefer to do full bypass which is what I'd choose.

vicky jenkins

Me......but I'm only just on the path. Had first appointment, see the dietician for the second time on 24th.
How far are you on the journey?

Snikki40

Hi everyone, I've been to seminar in September, I saw psychologist yesterday and I'm wondering what the next step is? Will it be app with the surgeon. I'm under James cook hospital, South Tees. Can anyone help please

SAM55

I was a different hospital but I didn't get to see the surgeon for quite a while as I had to have quite a few appointments with dietitian, to see whether I could manage to lose some weight to show my commitment. As well as psychologist I also had to see a medical doctor, the sleep clinic too. Once all these had taken place they then called a multi disciplinary team meeting to discuss whether I was suitable. It was at that point (which had taken 13 months) I was referred to surgeon and then put on the waiting list.

Snikki40

Thank you, I've done all of that which has taken 10 months and the psychologist said they would be having their multi disciplinary next. The hospital I'm under has a pretty quick turnaround so I'm on the last leg leading to surgery I think hopefully

FeeBee

Fingers crossed :)

SAM55

Thank you, I've done all of that which has taken 10 months and the psychologist said they would be having their multi disciplinary next. The hospital I'm under has a pretty quick turnaround so I'm on the last leg leading to surgery I think hopefully
Hope so :)

Parsnip

How exciting. Congratulations x
How long have you been waiting?

Hannah2

Excellent news! Something to look forward to in the new year! 2017 might be your surgery year!

MrsN

Ah fab news!