• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

op date 14th jan...worried not eating right...

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
i had my bypass on 14th jan and i am worried im not eating right...

i still prefer drinking...have to force myself to eat. the foods that i still CANT eat include red meat, chicken, eggs, anything spicy (curry, chilli etc), rice, most veg and fruit...i try, chew well but still throw up :eek: i just feel i should be further on by now...

im mostly eating soup, cereals, crackers, nuts, cheese, coleslaw, yoghurt, banana, dried fruit and few other things.

im sure this cant be right??? anyone got any suggestions etc???

right...i will tell you everything i have today...try and see if that helps with any ideas from anyone?

8am...cup of tea, white with one sweetex
10.15am...1 piece toast (hovis nimble wholemeal) with scrape of crunchy peanut butter (no marg etc)
11.30am...half semi skimmed milk, half hot water coffee (small mug) with 2 sweetex
1pm...2 cream crackers with little grated half fat cheese between, benecol strawberry 'thing' and my multi vitamin
5pm...highlights dark choc drink
6pm...half a ready meal (tuna pasta bake) and a little chopped salad...THREW SOME UP AFTER :eek:
7.30pm...cup tea, white, 1 sweetex and a low fat rich tea buscuit
9pm...cup tea, white, 1 sweetex
10pm...half packet quavers (naughty!)
thru the night sipped water

will update through day...

Last edited:
Only just seen this thread Mermaid as its hiding away from the main forum.

NO advice hun as I am still pre op, but Im sure one of the experienced peeps will be along soon xxx

hi there! have you spoken to your dietician? What stage are you at? I had mine on 27th Dec and can eat anything now. I know I have been very lucky and not been sick once, but I would have thought you would be able to eat a wider range of foods by now. I have started to keep detailed food of everything I eat and then send them to my dietician so we can discuss them at my next meeting.
Do you feel ok??

hi there! have you spoken to your dietician?

yes and she seems to thinks its nothing to worry about...

What stage are you at? I had mine on 27th Dec and can eat anything now.

i had mine on 14th january...

I know I have been very lucky and not been sick once, but I would have thought you would be able to eat a wider range of foods by now.

this is what i thought...

I have started to keep detailed food of everything I eat and then send them to my dietician so we can discuss them at my next meeting.

think i might do this...

Do you feel ok??

most of the time yes i do, but i do still tire easily.

i was thinking last night that i am only ever sicky after my main meal early evening...although i have the reccommended amount i think its too much for me...may try splitting that meal in two...what do you think?

well, if your dietician isn't worried, that's a good thing isn't it? I found the food diary really helps and I can identify bad habits, days when things didn't agree with me etc and the dietician found it really useful too. Hope things improve soon!

Mermaid, don't be discouraged when things make you feel ill. Everyday you heal more so things that make you sick today may be fine tomorrow. As they say trial & error. Also, since you have the most discomfort at you evening meal, why not try your largest meal midday and see if that helps.

I would not be concerned, some people feel the swelling more in their pouch than others which is what generally make some food uncomfortable in the early days. You will eventually be able to eat most things so just be patient and keep trying new things all the time.

Nic;)

i think i have now sort of sorted myself out!
to some it may sound boring...but i have absolutly no interest in food, so its working for me!...
breakfast...1 peice nimble toast
lunch...1 rivita with dairylea, few grapes and baby yoghurt
tea...half to three quarters of a weight watchers ready meal
snacks...(usually 2 or 3 a day) handfull nuts, handful dried fruit, banana smoothie, half pack quavers or wotsits, 1 low fat richtea biccy...
usual drinks...couple of teas, couple of coffees, water and my pro biotic drink

it sounds like you have turned a corner Mermaid. Glad you are feeling brighter xx

Back