• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Farzu's pre-op diary

farzu

Hi all,

I have started my pre-op low carb/fat diet form today. So I thought of keeping a record of what i am eating each day and get suggestions from you all if i'm doing anything wrong.

There's a feeling of emptyness now. thinking that i won't be able to eat anymore. Its making me too much nervous. Thought of having a good meal is making me crazy but i know its temporary. I will be fine.

Food that i will be eating, is not much less than what i used to have normally, but i used to snack on crisps, coke and prawn crackers a lot. Not to forget my mix nuts. Also i'm not working right now and sitting alone doing nothing makes me think of food all the time and very very hungry.

I have been waiting for almost 3 years now for this surgery and finally only 2 weeks left for the begining of my new life. I'm so close yet so far, as these 2 weeks seems like 2 years now. I need to divert my mind from the thoughts of food, I have to do it. Everything depends on these 2 weeks now and i don't want to fail. My health, my relations, my family, everything is on the line. My hubby is supporting enough. he always did but was very scared for the surgery.

I got the list of all the foods i can take and how much i can eat form the hospital.

It says:

breakfast : 1 carb portion and 1 dairy portion
lunch : No Carb, 2 protein Portion and 2 vegetable portion
Evening: 2 carb, 1 protein, 1 vegetable and 1 dairy

snacks : 2 pieces of fruit per day, can be taken anytime.

What I had :

Day 1

Breakfast : Slimfast Shake (250ml)

mid-morning: 1 banana

lunch : salmon 100g, 2 hard boiled eggs and cooked veg (6 tbl spn) (in the chart it says, carrot, brocolli etc but I used stir fry mix veg - please comment if this is ok)

mid-lunch : 1 apple

dinner will be : salmon 100g, noodles 200g, veg (3 tbl spn), cottage cheese 200g

please let me know if i'm doing any of this wrong. i don't want to mess up on this now. The food seems to be a lot more than what i thought of the diet. will my liver shrink on this? I'm so much worried.

I am not on this diet so can't comment but sounds like ur on the right track. I have been having stir fries but I worried about the oil so I made sure I used a none stick pan and a tiny bit of water instead and it's worked well with the seasoning I used.

Thanks dear. I am using the 1tea spn oil which is in my list. Adding garlic,chilli,pepper shake and a bit of salt as seasoning.

Day 2

breakfast : 1 wheetabix with Milk and a Banana

mid-morning: nothing

lunch : Mix Veg 6 tbl spn, fish 100g, 2 hard boiled eggs and some lettuce leaves.

Mid-lunch will be : 1 apple

Dinner will be : mix veg 3 tbl spn, Noodles 200g, fish 100g, and cottage cheese 200g

Day 3

Skipped breakfast but had a brunch instead.

Had noodles 100g, baked beans 4 tbl spn, Salmon 100g, Mixed Veg 6 tbl spn, cottage cheese 4 tbl spn

Mid Lunch : 1 banana and sugar free jelly

Evening: Grilled chicken 100g (without skin), mixed veg 6 tbl spn, noodles 150g, cottage cheese 4 tbl spn

hi farzu your pre op diet sounds just fine, dont forget your fluid intake also. keep up the good work. xxxx

hi farzu your pre op diet sounds just fine, dont forget your fluid intake also. keep up the good work. xxxx

Thanks dear, I am trying soo hard. Not feeling hungry at thge moment but just going to the loo a lot. My fluid intake have been less than what i used to drink before. have to get some NAS squash for a change. I don't drink tea or coffee (don't know why but i just don't like these). I can't tolerate milk and slimfast shakes. i get diarrhoea everytime i drink slimfast.

Day 4

Breakfast : slimfast shake

Mid-morning : nothing

lunch : 2 hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken 100g, mixed veg 6 tbl spn

mid-lunch: 1 banana, 1 sugar free jelly

dinner will be : grilled chicken 100g, noodles 100g, 2 small potatoes, cottage cheese 4 tbl spn

Day 5

Breakfast : skipped

Mid-morning : 1 banana

lunch : 2 hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken 100g, mixed veg 6 tbl spn

mid-lunch: 1 banana, 1 sugar free jelly

dinner will be : grilled chicken 100g, noodles 100g, 2 small potatoes, cottage cheese 4 tbl spn

Day 6

Breakfast : skipped

Mid-morning : 1 banana

lunch : chicken keivs 1, salmon 100g mixed veg 6 tbl spn

mid-lunch: skipped

dinner : salmon 100g, mash potato 4 tbl spn, mixed veg 3 tbl spn, baked beans 3 tbl spn

OK, so i had another pre-op today only for the blood pressure. went to the hospital at 9am appointment was at 9:30am. first blood pressure taken was 165/101. nurse told me it was too high and to wait for 2 hours and try again. OK so the second time it was 145/96 and still high. had to wait for another 2 hours but still the same result 'TOO HIGH' . come on..... Now hurry up. it's so boring waiting in the hospital lol. In the mean time my blood sugar was monitored. I tested at home and it was 11.5. Nurse tested at the hospital, it was 14.5 and then again after few hours it was 12.5. So this is also very high. Nurse told me she needs to speak with the team about me and ask them what should be done. I waited and waited. It was around 2:30 when the nurse informed me my blood test results which i gave on 2nd march was missing and not on the system. She ran to the lab but didn't fing any result. I was so angry, that i felt like killing some one on the spot. what did they do with my 3 tubes of blood? did they go twilight with it or what? Grrrrr....

the nurse apologized and send me again for the blood test. Done that and came back to the surgical center and showed them the bandaid. To make sure that this time they use my blood for the purpose they took it for. She also said me to contact my GP and ask for a higher dose of my diabetic and blood pressure med. Called GP and they Asked for more blood. Just for the note, I already gave blood for GP on the 8th. Anyway, back to the nurse, she said the team won't be able to make ani decision about what to do with me until they see the blood test results. So she will call me on tuesday to make sure everything is going to be on schedule or tell me that my surgery has been cancelled for now.

Sooooooooooo Not Want that :(

Went to the GP to pick up the prescription, pick up the meds and came back home around 8pm. So it was a longggggggg day. Can't believe this is happening to me.... i don't want my surgery to be cancelled.

Another irritating prob is that my breath sucks....yukkkkk its horrible but can't do anything about it. Any one got any ideas?

So sorry to hear about your day but fingers crossed now you've got some new medication it should help, the bad breath is horrible isn't it lol it's a good sign that your doing good on your pre op diet x

Hello everyone. Didn't write for last few days as i was feeling very low after the last pre-op assessment. I've just been to the gp and found out my blood pressure is 138/90 at the moment. Lower readings than the hospital. Which is good. I called in the hospital yesterday but the nurse was not there and told me to call again today evening to find out what they have decided about my surgery. Will they go ahead with the surgery on 23rd or not. I'm soo worried that they will pros-pond the surgery. Not feeling good at all. Another worry is that, i think my liver is not shrunk enough. I will let you all know whats the outcome as soon as i get the call from hospital.

Good luck hun I really hope they don't postpone xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I couldn't wait any more and called the hospital. My surgery will ho ahead on 23rd march. Wooooohoooo. I started shivering after hearing that. The nurse told me to take my diabetes meds regularly. And gave me some tips for the big day. This is a totally new feeling. I dont know if i'm happy or sad. Hubby is being too nervous after hearing that. He is smoking like hell. We all knew i will have surgery but now its only 2 days left and i'm scared that my liver didn't shrink enough as i did't loose any weight till now. I'm going on total liquid diet from today. No more low carb diet for me.

Back