• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op on hold....!

purplefluffything

Dear friends, I know most of you about my intrthecal pain pump..
Recently iv had quiet a few problems with it..
The most recent one is called a CFS leak which has caused a hygoma
And also side effects! The CFS is cerable spinanal fluid usually they only leak if you have had a spinal injection or something similar v.. ! We think mine was caused through a bad coughing fit due to the cold I had over Xmas I was coughing so hard And we think it may have caused the tear in the dura membrane..
This has left me with a lump/swelling where the fluid Is leaking into. The side effects are feeling sink, neck ache blurred vision; also very bad headache that feels like it's going to explode ..
Consultant as Tried many different things to try to avoid open surgery, unfortunatly I had day surgery 10 days ago and this wednesday the 16th feb iv got to have another procedure but stay in hospital this time for cpmplete bed rest.
I informed the bypass admissions nurses what was happening to me and could they please keep me on the list, I called them a week ago when I got the news from my pain Consultant that I wld need to stay in as an in patient, unfortunatly all the admissions nurse was bothered about was how they were going to fill my space, I could have told her it was her problem not mine! But I didn't because that's not me..
The nurse was very uncaring never asked if I wanted to stay on the list I had to ask..when I told her my problem she said o don't know what that Is??? I explained it to her and explained how unwell iv been and I'm sure the surgeon wld not want to operate whilst iv Got this but as I said all she went on about was how she wld fill the bed up??
All though iv been terrified about this bypass surgery knowing I couldn't have it now was a big disappointment..
Take care ..
Hugs xxx

oh im sorry to hear this diana hun, i know how long youve waited for it, and something always seems to happen dosnt it. i hope they get this latest problem sorted out asap for you, then you can rest and recuperate and hopefully have your op then.
ill be thinking of you, your so brave, big hugs xxxx

Sorry to hear this i can imagine how upset you are to have to put your wls on hold but you must be equally worried about all your other problems.

Have they kept you on the list love..i hope so.

Sometimes the secs can be unhelpful and uncaring.

Wishing you the best of luck lovey. Huggs xxx

Back