• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op tomorrow and nerves settling in

dovetail77

Well as the title says my op is tomorrow and, I presume, as you post oppers must have felt the nerves are kicking in. With the many success stories on here I am reading more and more people becoming ill as a result of the operation and i'm thinking am i doing the right thing???

Alot of the side effects people have should hopefully go overtime. Due to the amount of posters you will hear about operations going slightly wrong, but there are 100x more people who have succesful operations without complications. Good luck with your operation.

good luck xxxx

good luck dt, you will be fine :) xxx

You will be fine its perfectly normal to worry about the what ifs!, once your at the hospital and have your last chat with your surgeon he will put your mind at ease, mine did and I still cried all the way down to theatre haha.

Good Luck hope you have a quick recovery xx

I think I'm backwards as I was nervous from getting my date until the day I was admitted then the day of my op I was so chilled. Think I just wanted it over and done with. Here i'am a week post op and feeling fine :0) xx

Hello...

Just think to yourself...if you didn't have this operation,what illness would you get/or have...being overweight ?
I was so sick with nerves the night and day of my bypass...
But my god I'm so glad I had this operation,even days when I'm a little sickly.
I've got MY LIFE BACK

Good luck x

I don't think you'd be normal if you weren't worried at this stage. We all do it. You will be fine and if any little niggles happen along the way they will sort them out for you. I was scared witless until the night before the op then a sort of calm came over me like a miracle. (Mind you I did have rather a lot of people praying for me which I believe helped.)

Enjoy the ride Lovely.

Kate x

I think nerves are perfectly normal. I was completely stressed out about my op. I kept changing my mind about having it. But once the day came round until I was walking down to the theatre and then my heart was beating so fast I thought I was having a heart attack and I could have run away.

But it was all fine in the end.

Well as the title says my op is tomorrow and, I presume, as you post oppers must have felt the nerves are kicking in. With the many success stories on here I am reading more and more people becoming ill as a result of the operation and i'm thinking am i doing the right thing???

All procedures pose a risk and WLS surgery is no different. It has the increased issues of dealing with very large people too so your nerves are perfectly natural. However when you consider the large number of people having WLS each day the instances of post op complications are a very small percentage of the whole.

Your team will have assessed your case and measured the risks of going forward and they are happy to proceed with your operation. They are experienced and skilled and will give you the best care available. I am sure that you will wake up tomorrow post op feeling a little sore but ready to be reborn into a new and healthier world for you and your family.

A few weeks from now you'll see the weight dropping off you, feel great and wonder why you were ever worried at all. Many, not all of course but many of the post op issues are caused by our failure to follow the rules. If you take it easy and give yourself time to heal you'll be just fine

Very best wishes (You won't need luck they have skill instead of luck) for tomorrow, let us know when you're through and OK xxx

Good luck for tomorrow and I'm sure you'll be fine :)
I too was really frightened the night before my surgery and had doubts I was doing the right thing.
Nine months later I've lost 7st 3lbs to date and have no regrets at all!
Xx

Good luck Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I can fully understand how you're feeling. I have my op in 3 days and I can hardly think about it without bursting into tears. So I'm continually reading the posts on here over and over again saying its perfectly normal and it helps.

All the best for your op and a smooth and speedy recovery. Ax

Agnes said:
I can fully understand how you're feeling. I have my op in 3 days and I can hardly think about it without bursting into tears. So I'm continually reading the posts on here over and over again saying its perfectly normal and it helps.

All the best for your op and a smooth and speedy recovery. Ax

Good luck to you too xx

All the best Hun xxx keep us updated

Back