• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off to the dietician today

Awenlock

Well as the title states today I have an appointment with my dietician, am assuming that this is to get details of my pre op diet as surgery date is 8 weeks today. After having a little wobble nerves wise I am feeling much better and more positive now, I have started my new wardrobe fund and have a lovely pink money box on the side waiting for all those lovely pennies for all the lovely little clothes I am going to buy:). Making plans for the future has helped tons, I have written my Christmas shopping list( most of which I will sort before op, apart from the Internet shopping which I can do during recovery time at home) and we have started looking for holidays for next year, thinking a caravan in Cornwall for next year and defo somewhere far away and abroad the year after.

I know I am getting ahead of myself but I am so looking forward to the new me that I want to make sure I enjoy every minute of it :) well that's my early morning ramblings over with, I hope all have a wonderful day, good weight loss and no eating problems for post oppers and lots of lovely appointments and good news for pre oppers :) xxx

Hi i don't think you are getting ahead of yourself it is a really exciting time for you .
Love Marie.xoxo

wow im loving the optimism and excitement and everything!!! so glad to see you planning for the new you :bliss::bliss::bliss: its catching lol i cant wait till im at your stage
good luck today :D xxx

Thats a really wonderful and positive way to prepare for the surgery and for the new you :D

I have been looking at new clothes and did buy myself a couple of new outfits in the sale for use now as my clothes are very old and baggy. Was tempted to get something in smaller sizes ready but I have been so overweight for so long I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything in advance just in case I don't fit into them. It is going to be quite a learning curve for me as I cannot remember the last time I wore anything remotely fitted. It has always been big, baggy and long tops over leggings (the longer the better). I reckon I am going to need a complete makeover in a couple of months :D

You go girl! I so admire you and your outlook :)

Thanks for yr comments everyone, i am feeling a little deflated now after seeing the dietician, I had prepared myself for doing the 2 week milk diet starting 18th October and now I am told that I have to do a semi liquid diet from now!!!!! 6 weeks of 2 pints skimmed milk, 2 fat free yogurts, 3 oz lean meat or a small tin of beans with either salad of boiled/steamed veg, no potatoes/pasta or rice or anything :( then I go straight to the 2 week liver shrinking diet of 3 pints skimmed milk and 2 fat free yogurts.

I hadn't mentally prepared myself for that so it came as quite a shock, I feel like it is going to be a massive struggle :(

Thanks for yr comments everyone, i am feeling a little deflated now after seeing the dietician, I had prepared myself for doing the 2 week milk diet starting 18th October and now I am told that I have to do a semi liquid diet from now!!!!! 6 weeks of 2 pints skimmed milk, 2 fat free yogurts, 3 oz lean meat or a small tin of beans with either salad of boiled/steamed veg, no potatoes/pasta or rice or anything :( then I go straight to the 2 week liver shrinking diet of 3 pints skimmed milk and 2 fat free yogurts.

I hadn't mentally prepared myself for that so it came as quite a shock, I feel like it is going to be a massive struggle :(

a struggle yes, but just think of the end result!! youve been waiting for years for this and now its happening!! omg its exciting!! hahaha woop! woop!
good luck with it :) x

Back