• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery tomorrow eeek!!!!

Kezzakins

I have my surgery tomorrow afternoon and the nerves are really starting to settle in xx people keep saying 'Don't forget you can back out at anytime' and I think to be honest that doesn't help. It doesn't help that I keep reading people's horror stories and keep thinking everything is going to go wrong. I guess I just need a bit of reassurance from you post op peeps that everything is going to be ok xxx I am having a sleeve btw xxx thanks xxx

Good luck for tomorrow kezza. I can't tell you not to be nervous, scared etc because what you are feeling is natural. My bypass is nearly 2weeks away and I am sick with nerves. I agree with you in the "you can back out anytime" comment. It just doesn't help at all usually it's someone who doesn't know how to allay your fears about it all and they are probably scared too. My mum in law is still going on about me having the band rather than the bypass because it would be less "risky" and I swear my bp goes up a few notches when she does it. I'm a person that once a decision is made ..it stays made!
See you on that losers bench soon :) x

I'm a bypasser and not a sleevist but I know people who have had sleeves and love them.

I can't do you a horror story. I can do you an operation went without a hitch, out within 24 hours, veeeery small amount of trapped wind (lasted a couple of days) and no problems whatsoever since (5.5 months ago).

Is there anything you can do for the next day or so to distract you? I went to the pictures with friends, met up with them for coffee. When nobody else was around I searched the internet for pretty, small clothes and adventure holidays.

Good luck with it all xx

It's human nature to be scared, its what keeps us safe, but in this instance you have to overcome the fear to go through with the op. I am 5 days post op and can't believe how well I feel and all those fears are a distant memory already!
Deep breath and carry on!

I broke down in tears the day before. Other people I've spoken too also felt nervous. It's a big thing you are doing but a wonderful one too. I was wrapped 9 weeks ago have had no pain whatsoever and am feeling great. My weight loss has been good too. I think you know deep down its the right decision for you- but of course it's scary. Good luck x

I had my bypass 11 weeks ago, and it's the best decision I've made. I'm off some of my medication, and I am glad I did it. Being nervous is normal, but honestly, you'll see its worth it... I have not heard of many horror stories, more of people who really enjoy their Life more after surgery.

I have my surgery tomorrow afternoon and the nerves are really starting to settle in xx people keep saying 'Don't forget you can back out at anytime' and I think to be honest that doesn't help. It doesn't help that I keep reading people's horror stories and keep thinking everything is going to go wrong. I guess I just need a bit of reassurance from you post op peeps that everything is going to be ok xxx I am having a sleeve btw xxx thanks xxx

But if you're going to pay attention tithe horror stories you also have to pay attention to the success stories. Look through the diaries and photos and dare to dream ladies. For me the bypass was the difference between life and death. Without it, sooner or later I would have died anyway. Now I have my life back.

Back