• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op Tuesday and terrified

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
OMG I am having my op on Tuesday and am absolutely terrified

Not of the op although that has given me a few sleepless nights.

No!!!! I am terrified of the blood thining injection I have to give myself on Monday and the ones after the op and the canular for the op, I'm ok with everything else but needles send me running for my mommy.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you cope? :wave_cry:

Sorry if this sounds silly but what sane person wants to sticks a needle in themselves?
I am in awe of people who need to do this for health reasons and have always been grateful that I don't have diabetes

Wendy
I am a nurse and still hate injections.
My husband gave me mine! I have to say i never felt anything and they hardly stung afterwards either!
Most people will say they do hurt, but I made sure mine were in the stomach and pinched a big bit of flab for it to go into!!
Also the key is not to rub the area afterwards.

I am also a woose! so managed well
GOOD LUCK
Shells
x

I became a proper expert of shooting up into my stomach by the time my injections had finished. The needles are nothing like those that they have to find a vein for etc. You just plug it in and press in down anywhere into your stomach :)

I was worried myself, but there really is no need to be.

Most of all, good luck for the op xx

Hi Wendy, you are not a woose, its understandable that you are worried. I too am pre op and there are quite a few things that worry me, but at the mo cause I havnt got a date I can push them to the back of my mind.

I am sure you will be ok and good luck with your op Tuesday.

Hi i know exactly how you feel i am so very scared of needles and i am dreading that part of the op. I was told i could ask for what is known as magic cream before the canular so maybe that could be a good option for you as for the blood thinning one it may be best for you to get someone else to do it for you:wave_cry:

Hubby had to do mine for me, they didn't hurt really but I just couldn't bring myself to stab me. So i ended up each evening just closing my eyes and telling him to stab!

I wish u well for ur op & wish it were me..... I'm scared of needles too but will cross that bridge when it comes to it. Gotta muster the courage to get hose pipe rammed down my throat on 19th!! I know, I do tend to exaggerate.... Ha, ha

Just think that it'll be worth it when u feel healthier, more energetic, sexier & more alive ... This time next week u'll be joining the losers bench!!! :happy036: What a feeling........

GOOD LUCK
:bestwishes::bestwishes::bestwishes::bestwishes:

You will be fine! If you can get someone else to do them for you, do so. But you will be fine xx

:)Good luck with everything Wendy:)

hun just nip a bit of your tummy low down and use that , im diabetic and the first time i had to inject i was terrified it took me 15 mins to be able to put the needle in myself, my hands were sweating my heart was racing and i was crying , but once i had done it i felt a right charlie as it was nothing. the needle is so fine your really dont feel it . it is nothing like when u have an injection in your arm, it really is ok . if you cant do it then get some one to do it for you . but remember to pinch a bit of the skin between your thumb and finger .... xxxx

Just want to wish you the best of luck Wendy for Tuesday, will be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts. I am sure you will be fine with the needle, it's probably nowhere near as bad as you think. I am a bit like you, get myself in a state, then wonder what all the fuss was about after. Take care and will look forward to hearing from you when you are back safe and sound and on the famous loser's bench xxxxx

Does everyone have to do this?
Never heard it mentioned before!
Wendy, I will be the same as you if I have to do it. I think the best bet is to ask someone else to do it for oyu.
Best of luck for tuesday x

Wendy you can do it! You know we can always come over and do it for you if you really can't manage it!

I think i remember someone saying they went down to their practice nurse for their daily jabs after the op as they were too worried to do it theirselves...

I'll be ringing you in a bit to see how you're doing xx

all the very best girl you will soon be taking ur seat on the looser bench and u deserve it girl good luck x

Gosh wendy, thats come round quick hun.

Dont be worried about the injections. You can hardly feel the needle - honestly.

As for having the canular in, well no one likes that - but they can put a bit of local aneasthetic in first to make it a little less traumatic for you.

Good luck . x

Aww Wendy,good luck with the op,and the injections,i'm sure it will soon pass and you'll be on your way to happiness.All the best xxx

Wendy dont worry about the injections they really are nothing, I like you was really worrried about giving myself this injection, I am not scared of them just could not comprehend the fact I was going to have to do this myself.

The first time I got Helen whom I have got to say has a very serious needle phobia to do mine I was shocked I never felt a thing, they are like a pen you just grab some skin which we have lots of lol and put it in and press down on the top and its all over.

Good luck with the op, you are in safe hands just make sure you get all the meds you need and we look forward to welcoming you to the loosers bench.

Its about time you came to one of the meets as well :)

Back