• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still in pain and can't eat

Bravo2sugars

Hi all

I am 4 weeks post op. I have constant tummy ache, wind, cramps and nausea. Is this normal?

I went back to the surgeon and he says I have inflammation, prescribed a plethora of antacids, but taking them makes me vomit. Have lost too much weight, have fainted twice and am shattered most of the time.

Has anyone else had these problems or should I be worried?

Grateful for some advice if anyone can. Am feeling very low :cry:

This sounds like my life. Had vomiting, dysphagia, stricture, oesophageal motility, spasms, now gastritis from which the pain is just the worst.

On a plethora of drugs and am really fed up with things.

I had lost so much weight at one point things were getting dangerous. Just got to keep on eating & drinking and taking the tablets.

When will this end....... you are not alone :(

I have the same surgeon ! My friend had sleeve at the same time (exactly the same time we were in neighbouring beds!!) as I had my bypass. She took an age to get over her operation. She had the problems you mention and more. At 15 months out she is still not able to eat things like steak even if its chewed to death. I started out on omizrapol (SP) and that for me prevented the acid and issues like that.
I hope things settle down for you, keep taking the tablest.

Ask for Omeprazole, 10mg twice daily...all the sleeve people I know are on it for at least the first 3 months.

Thank you

Thank you for your replies. I will ask the doc for omeprazole. He had prescribed nexium, but did it on a private prescription which I can't afford to get. I think the fact I sold my soul to fund the surgery has escaped him!

Jemima, how long has this been going on for you?

I am surprised that Mr Jain didn't do omizerapol or similar All of us 'done by him' came away with that!! Go to your GP and ask for a prescription eventually you'll end up back at the GP's!!
Hope you feel better soon

Have you tried cutting out all lactose?

Back