• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ostopenia

Tinkerbellx

Hi guys n gals, just had a phone call from my gp to say my dexa scan is back and that I have ostopenia... As we already take Calcium supplements does anyone else have this after the bypass I'm only 40 as worries me a tad. Have made an appointment to see him on Tuesday as not able to walk up there as of yet x

Tink

Hi guys n gals, just had a phone call from my gp to say my dexa scan is back and that I have ostopenia... As we already take Calcium supplements does anyone else have this after the bypass I'm only 40 as worries me a tad. Have made an appointment to see him on Tuesday as not able to walk up there as of yet x

Tink

Hello Tinkerbell, I didnt wanna read and run ,Wishing you all the best for Tuesday plz let us know how it goes xx

Isn't there a link to vitamin d3 with osteopenia too? Am I right in thinking it's the main symptom of rickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

No I'm wrong, I was thinking of osteomalacia, sorry if I scared you. Osteopenia just means that you have a slightly low bone density, and can be a precurser to osteoporosis. But the important word seems to be CAN. I know that D3 is important when taking calcium, many supplements contain both, but a high strength d3 supplement wouldn't hurt. Around 1000-5000iu is thought to be appropriate in the uk, which is well above the RDA (around 300iu I think). I did a lot of research into d3 deficiency a few years back.

Stay calm and all will be fine, it's been picked up so it can be dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back