• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did I Imagine It????

Spikeyjaycee

Hi guys, you may remember I said last week that I'd had a phone call from St Richards at Chichester offering me an appointment for 29 April (after intervention from my GP me thinks!). They said they would send all the details in a letter - that was last Thursday and its now Wednesday and no letter. I'm starting to think I imagined the whole thing now!!!!! How long did everyone else have to wait for confirmation of their first appointment?

UPDATE: I emailed Christine at St Richards and she replied that another department was responsible but that the letter was going out yesterday. Another coincidence perhaps? I (or my GP) chase them up and lo and behold something happens!!!

I did wonder wether my call last friday spurred them on to give me a short notice call yesterday for my op date to be 1st April, im so happy for you shame my pre op assessment is on the 27th not the 29th we could have met up.. all the best for your appointment shaw somers is lovely and you'll be fine xxxxx

Hi Vics - am I reading your message wrong? It reads like you're having your pre op assessment on the 27 April for the op on the 1st April???? When was your funding approved? Yes it is a shame we couldn't get the same day......oh well good luck with yours. Julie

I presume my funding was agreed when i was first sent to St Richards for the whole shabang..First apptment was 28th August 2008, Gp referred me March 2008. Yes pre-op 27th March 2009 and operation 1st April 2009.

it would have been you dont get consultation untill fuinding is approved

admissions is responsible for your letter now if that helps but you wont get it til a couple of weeks before your appointment xxx vicky

Mine was slightly different heh. I was told by my GP that funding had been approved but that I would be waiting a few months to hear from St. Richard's.

The NEXT DAY, I received a letter from Spire in Southampton heh. Eight weeks later all done lol.

Crickey that was quick ScottTatum. Whereabouts are you? Was Southampton nearer than Chichester for you? Eight weeks???? Heck, why is it so different depending on where you live as to timescales? I feel like everyone is being seen to apart from me.......sob!!!!

I live in Gosport so I think Southampton is marginally closer. Was still expecting a long wait though, do not sure how it worked out. I am not sure how the "wrong boxes" worked when it came to my funding though.

"Wrong boxes" being: Type 2 diabetes - tick, hypertension - tick, obstructive sleep anpoea - tick... the list goes on :(

Spikeyjaycee - good news you have got your first consultation date, even though a few more weeks to wait!
I've been trying to find this christine's email so i can see when i might get an appointment/how far they are with them - does anyone have it to hand?

Back