• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did I Imagine It????

Thats great to know Vics, hopefully the list will shorten quicker!! Had a reply from Christine just saying "we are working on the list at the present time and you will receive an appt in due course". Hope your pre-op appointment went well. Not long now for you, bet you are soooo excited! (& a little nervous :) ) xx

Hi Vics, thanks for that useful piece of information. How did your pre-op go? What does it entail? I tried ringing the hospital yesterday to find out where my appointment letter has got to. Turns out the telephone extension number they have on the website is actually a fax number!!!!! I emailed PALS and they have responded by apologising and passing my message to Christine re the appointment and the website person to change the number!!!!

Hi spikeyjaycee, pre op went just fine, although because i took a short notice op date i will find out tues day before my op if they can go ahead thats down to the mrsa swabs taking 4 days to mature... Yesterdays clinic was held in a different place than usual not sure why but that was fine. Pre op assessment includes re weighin, mrsa swabs nose and under arm, full set of blood tests, aneathatist, nurse to discuss the whole thing from start to finish, they were all lovely and there to answer any questions you have. also you see the dietician who explains everything you need to know about how and what to eat after. St Richards pre op diet is the milk diet, 4 pints of milk, 1 sachet of jelly (sugar free) 2 salty drinks a day (marmite, stock cube), 3 pieces of chewing gum. Once you get into the right mind set and get over the first day it's ok well it has been for me probably because i dont have to cook for anyone else..... Hope this helps xxxx

i got my funding with in 3 weeks from my pct .. Greenwich .... but my GP applied for my funding before i was ref to hospital ... and i was given a choice of 3 hospitals ...

but u can be ref to hospital with out funding and once the surgeon decided ur fit for surgery and he wants to perform the op on you then they will run more tests on u and apply for funding ...

as my hospital said all GP's should apply for funding before ur ref ..cause makes the hospitals job much easier ...

so i got my funding in dec .. and i will be having my op in the next 8 week or so ...

I was the same, i was told by my doctor that my funding had been approved and it was bout 3-4 week after that i received my first letter from the hospital that had my first appointment on th 27th feb with my surgen since then i have had 3 out of my 5 pre opp tests my last test is on the 26th of may so im guessing my opp date will be June/July time now. Hope all goes well for you hun xXx

Hi Vics, thanks for that. Can I just clarify the timetable of events for my own peace of mind?
1. You see the consultant and decide which op to have
2. You then go for pre-op
3. If everything ok with pre-op, operation date then decided
4. Operation goes well and life is a bowl of cherries
Does that sound about right? Its helpful you're going through it a few weeks ahead of me - I can then ask you loads of questions if thats ok?? All the best. Julie xx

Ok here's how it went with me.....
1) initial appointment to see consultant, descison on which operation.
2) sit and await 7months for call offering operation date (yipee)
3) given pre op assessment date over the phone
4) given as short notice operation date, given pre-op diet sheet by email told to start straight away.
5) pre-op assessment appointment, 2-3 hrs seeing nurse, aneasthtist, dietician, mrsa swabs, bloods..
6) all being well with MRSA swabs operation the 1st April..

Then my new life starts and life is a bowl of cherries!! lol..

Most of the other people being seen yesterday had there ops booked between the 6th-19th April..
Hope this helps Julie xxxx

Hi Vics, thanks for that. So it looks like it will be another 7 months or so after the appointment with the consultant before the actual op itself. Perhaps I should offer my services as a 'star' of Fat Doctor. I might get seen quicker then!!!! Good luck for Wednesday. Love Julie x

Back