• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scales for tracking losses ... old school or digital

miss_malone

I'm having a scales problem!

Just replaced my digital scales and to my horror I was 6lbs heavier on the new digital scales than my old digital scales! :eek: :cry:

So I got out a set of tradition scales and my weight on those was 6lbs lighter than on the new digital ones ... so what it should be basically!

Everytime i step on the new digital scales it gives me a slightly different weight too.

Anyone have this experience?

I know I can stick with the traditional non digital ones, but it's harder to tell small 1-2 lb loses on those.

I have 2 sets of scales, a weight watchers one (really unreliable) and a new set which are salter. These are fab and go down to record 1/8th of a lb loss, I use them on the same tile on the kitchen floor as the floor can have an affect too, but they are digital but super sensitive. I think you just need to find one, stick with it and then use it to record, but its digital all the way for me.

I think the ones I bought - Tesco Digital Scales - must just be too cheap and cheerful as keeping them int he same place on the tiled floor doesn't seem to matter - my wieght can fluctuate by 2-4lbs everytime i step on them (stepped on them 4 times in a row this morning and got 272lbs, 277lbs, 279lbs and 281lbs!). Crap lol

The traditional ones seem to be consistant everytime no matter where they are on the floor.

I have salter scales too, they are great.

Back