• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OT : Help with Trousers (Small Waist - Massive Hips)

Fat Again

Hi Guys
I need help, I can't find any trousers to fit me on the high street and on-line. I've exhausted every avenue I can possibly think of.

I've always had trouble with buying clothes but now Im losing the weight it's getting harder to get stuff to fit, especially trousers.

I have enormous hips compared to my waist and have to get trousers with a tie waist, this ain't a problem with trackie bottoms, but when it comes to wanting some smart trousers for work its impossible. My current pair that I have, have to be to washed every night (from Ann Harvey), but are now getting too big and I look like a clown in them.

My hips are currently 60 inches and waist 40 inches.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome

Thanks

I have the same problem.
Why is it that they can do mens and kids trousers with adjustable waists (button and elastic) but the don't do womens the same.

Iv had to put tucks in the waist of my work trousers because they were falling down and i was tripping up over them, i have thrown lots pants as iv nipped and tucked and shortened them they would be no good for anyone else lol do you not have someone that could adjust them for you as its so expensive to keep buying new x

I have learned to either get my clothes tailored or buy Gap jeans that are reverse fit.

I use to have the same problem. But in asda, tesco, and matalan, they do a lovely dress pant with a normal waist band to the front and back but have elasticated sides which are hidden (pull ons). therefore you can wear an open over shirt with them or are great if you are wearing anything like an over jumper. the dearest ones are about £14.99 But to be honest I never look at the price so long as they are comfy.

hi, i'm a dress maker/costumier, and was thinking of doing a thread on how to alter/make clothes, but i cann't think of how it would work, but i'm going to give it a go.
you need to unpick the back of your waistband and put in two or four darts to make the trousers fit. when putting the waistband on again it will be to big, so cut it in the middle and reseam it to fit the trousers sew waist band on again.
if you try this lets know how you get on.
sue.

Sue, that would be a great help to us all!

Think of the money you'll save us x

Big thanks

I'm in the same position as everyone else. Bought several pairs of nice smaller trousers for work (they were a bit snug at the time so I thought they'd last ages) in M&S sale just after Xmas and they're aleady falling off my waist but comfy everywhere else. Always had bigger hips than waist but the difference is getting bigger.:sigh:

Got a sewing machine and keep telling myself not to just hand them over to charity but to get my head in gear and alter them, can't afford to keep buying new ones! I don't want to be doing alterations every other week - I just don't have time for that! The girls at work laugh at me when i keep hitching up my trousers to keep from tripping up over them! It's a great feeling though - so used to having to buy bigger clothes rather than having them fall off :happy036:

What are reverse fit jeans?
Do you wear them backwards lol

It would probably be cheaper but no. They are specifically made with much smaller waists and bigger hips and bums in them.

Put a small nick in the inside of the waistband and thread elastic though. Stitch in place at both ends. Simple and gathers them in evenly. Another thing is to wear a belt.

I put two tucks in waistband about 4/5ins either side of center seam.With your pants on get someone to pin the amount you need to take in.Doesnt have to be dead perfect if like me you wear loose tops oover your waistband!

Back