• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

App't for first tummy tuck consultation... help.

yamyam

Hiya,

Sorry in advance. I've just tried to write a brief bit about myself but it ended up longwinded. I'll just type and hope someone keeps up with me!

Basically, I hate my belly. It's covered in stretchmarks ALL OVER - some of the being the best part of an inch wide. This is a result of a massive weight gain combined with a twin pregnancy.

When I wake up in the morning the very first thing I do is feel my stomach. You will probably think i'm mad here but I can only say it's like feeling a dead person. I don't know whether there's nerve damage but I can barely feel my hand when I touch it. And its cold. It just doesn't feel like me - its like somebody else..... a dead person.

Every month or 2 I get an infection in my belly button because my waistband on my jeans/trousers rubs it and it goes red raw and stinks to high heaven (sorry if TMI). I had a coule of operations because of infertility and they went in through the side wall of my belly button, but because of my pregnancy its inches lower than it should be.

You'll see from my photo below, my arms and legs are borderline skinny ffs, i'm just so out of proportion.

I just feel that i'm 35 years old and am not able to enjoy feeling nice in my clothes. Size 14 jeans fit nicely round my legs but cut into my stomach so I have to wear 16's which are so baggy everywhere else I just feel horrible all the time. And as ever, it's my waking thought every morning, and my last thought at night and it's wearing me down so much. In the 2nd photo below i'm on holiday - it's bloody hot and i'm wearing magic knickers and they're so horrible and sweaty. :(

Anyway (sorry), I went to my GP as soon as my BMI hit 25 and I didn't have to convince her. I mentioned my twin pregnancy then she looked at my belly and just said "oh." in a "I see what you mean" way, and immediately started writing my referral.

I received a phonecall today and i'm going to the hospital on Tuesday 12th June (next tuesday). Now i'm starting to get scared. Can anyone help?

What do they do?
What do they ask?
How am I supposed to be?

If they're expecting me to cry about it, I just can't. I'm not a cryer, but if I tell them about how I really feel (like touching a dead body) will they think i'm mentally unstable?

I'm severely crapping myself. I've got to have this done - I can't spend the rest of my life feeling so revolting.

K x

HI Yam Yam

Congrats on getting the ref - adn your weight loss, - I was refered just before xmas, the consultatnt I saw was great - he explianed they only do "one procedure" on the NHS and that for most women it was the TT - he was also very aware of the main problem with getting clothes to fit - I am also not a "actress" though was prepared to say how it truly effected my life - BUT he saw the skin and was like - ok lets get you booked in - waiting list is around 6 months - my BMI was 30 and no requests made to lose further weight (I had lost 10-11 stone) and could do with shifting anotehr 2-3.

BP x

HI Yam Yam

Congrats on getting the ref - adn your weight loss, - I was refered just before xmas, the consultatnt I saw was great - he explianed they only do "one procedure" on the NHS and that for most women it was the TT - he was also very aware of the main problem with getting clothes to fit - I am also not a "actress" though was prepared to say how it truly effected my life - BUT he saw the skin and was like - ok lets get you booked in - waiting list is around 6 months - my BMI was 30 and no requests made to lose further weight (I had lost 10-11 stone) and could do with shifting anotehr 2-3.

BP x

Thats fantastic - you've really put my mind at rest. I just felt that i'd sit there being judged.... as if being interviewed by the police for being a waste of NHS resources!

So - Not long for you now?

K x

pre op next monday - op due to go ahead a week later - I am incredibly nervous and although I really want it - I will be glad when the next 2 weeks are over and I will finally know IF I am brave enough to go through with it!!!

Wow. Very best of luck although i'm sure you wont need it!

Will you keep me posted please? I want to know EVERYTHING!!!!

Hi YY

I promise to let you know about it PROVIDING I go through with it - I ma very nervous, and although there are some "lightbulbs - positive" moments - the nervous bits are more frequent - here's hoping!!!

Hiya Yam Yam!

Don't have any advice, since I have no experience of what you're asking about..

Just thought I'd say hello though since I live in Dudley :)

Can't quite tell totally from your pic, but I don't think I know you, lol.

Where abouts are you?

Hiya Yam Yam!

Don't have any advice, since I have no experience of what you're asking about..

Just thought I'd say hello though since I live in Dudley :)

Can't quite tell totally from your pic, but I don't think I know you, lol.

Where abouts are you?

Ooh hello!

I live about 3 mins drive from merry hill. 20 mins walk though because it's up hill from here! Where abouts are you or are you in the town itself?

K x

Hi YamYam...Congrats on your weight loss! You look beautiful in your picture so I find it so hard to think your having such troubles. But of course you are or you wouldn't have posted this. I'm sorry your feeling so uncomfortable. :(

I have no experience with this however it is something I'm worried about since I have such a huge amount of weight to lose myself.

I hope your appt goes well and that you do have the operation as it seems that it would really help you. Hang in there and try not to worry...they're professionals and I'm sure your appt will go fine. Perhaps you could call the office and inquire about what some questions you have?

Remember that they're doing this to help you feel good about yourself. :grouphugg:

Ooh hello!

I live about 3 mins drive from merry hill. 20 mins walk though because it's up hill from here! Where abouts are you or are you in the town itself?

K x

We're in Russells Hall! Small world eh!

Don't Worry !!!!

You are so lucky !!!!!! to even get a referral. My doctor wouldn't even consider putting me forward for a consultation. That said I'm having surgery on the 10th July !!!!

Just relax, keep calm and explain to him/her exactly what you feel like - nobody when i shown them my stomach has said i was mad! (even when i said i wish i could just slice it off with a carving knife)

Back