• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Out for a meal

teen

post op loser
I am going out for lunch on Friday with 5 mates I used to work with. No idea what to have but was thinking of just ordering a starter and having it when the rest have there main. I dont really wanna have soup so thought a prawn cocktail what do u think?

Also are boiled sweets safe I dont mean as in eating a whole bag lol just the odd one now and again

Thanx

Hi there, I often do a starter instead of a main....it takes me as long to eat that as most people a big dinner ;)

Boiled sweets are empty calories, trie some of the Sula sugar free ones, they are lovely.

I always have a starter as my main or something off the lighter bite menu if its available...I dont ever finish it though xx

do them sweets have sorbatol in them as that plays havock with my bowels lol. I never ate alot of boiled sweets but now and again I like to suck something( sweets you dirty beggers lol)

I always have a starter as my main or something off the lighter bite menu if its available...I dont ever finish it though xx

The place we are going is called The Church it looks lovely but I aint sure about the menu says on the website al a carte so not sure if its a fixed menu. If it is I will just have water and a chat:rolleyes:

if it al a carte you will be fine you order your individual courses. I went out for a meal the other day and shared a starter with one of my friends wh is watching her weight then ordered chicken off the lighter bites menu and her husband helped me finish that.
enjoy

The place we are going is called The Church it looks lovely but I aint sure about the menu says on the website al a carte so not sure if its a fixed menu. If it is I will just have water and a chat:rolleyes:

Give them a ring and explain the situation to them. I did this when on a works do to celebrate my birthday as no one from work knows about the ob they were very discreet...xx

Be careful with fat content in marie rose sauce in a prawn cocktail, as it will probably be made with full fat mayo.

i've been out for 2 meals this week!!!!

One was a tapas and i didn't join in with the other 15 people and have the banquet, I ordered a greek salad and some seared scallops, didn't finish it all but it was lovely food.

Then yesterday i went for lunch with friends and i ordered thai fishcakes off the starter menu, there were three fishcakes on my plate (quite small) and i only ate two but felt great x x x

Thai fishcakes are scrumptious, i do believei might insist on a take away this week and oder the thai fishcakes

Tina

On occassions i've been out i've asked the restaurant mnager to half my meal and the other half wrap up as a take away ! then make sure you order a side salad with your meal, when people ask what the hell your doing, you can say " i'm on a diet and the salad will bulk me out, and therefore i only need half the meal" they will think your cool and switched on, plus you get some dinner for later ! :D
Given the current economic climate most restaurants will accomodate your wishes.
I do this all the time in curry or chinese places ! :D

If however they kick of at the place and say they wont do this, then say "thats fine, i'll just have a garlic bread and watch my friends eat, oh and bring me tap water as well" - they will soon change there tune, the lose of a meal, sides and booze will re focus them !

Back