• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I feel sad...

Thanks everyone. I dunno what id do without you all, and this forum is going to be home for a long time now!
Thank you all for sharing all ur stories, ur an inspiration, and i hope that i'll be the one sharing my story to newbies in the future.

I know exactly where you are coming from. I had my op date sprung on me with one week's notice so no chance for a grand last supper, which is what I would have loved! Fortunately, I had been to an eat-all-you-can Chinese for my brothe'rs birthday celebration the Saturday before.

I had a hasty fish 'n' chips (with no Vimto to wash it down!) which I shared with my eldest. Food always tatses better off your Mom's plate, eh?

I did go into a bit of a maudlin head rant over 'missing food' but then thought 'what the fook was I going through all this for?'

And believe me, when I woke up in pain and realising I couldn't eat for 28 days anyway, I *knew* the game was up.

I saw a bariatric psychologist before my op and it was the best thing that has happened, aside from the op itself. The stomach is easy to control - the surgeon does that. But once he has made you neat, stepped away from the table, it's you who has to put the effort in.

The head is always a tough one to control, because it is knotted up with emotion and learned behaviours which we need to face and unlearn.

Don't go hard on yourself, take it a day at a time and keep on reminding yourself why you are doing what you are doing.

Good luck and keep talking x

Hey you!!! Good luck with the pre op diet. You're going to be fine. You can do this and you know you can because you have every thing to gain and nothing to lose (so to speak) lol. Take care and looking forward to seeing you at mine next week. xx Gaynor xx

Thanks everyone! x

I know exactly where you are coming from. I had my op date sprung on me with one week's notice so no chance for a grand last supper, which is what I would have loved! Fortunately, I had been to an eat-all-you-can Chinese for my brothe'rs birthday celebration the Saturday before.

I had a hasty fish 'n' chips (with no Vimto to wash it down!) which I shared with my eldest. Food always tatses better off your Mom's plate, eh?

I did go into a bit of a maudlin head rant over 'missing food' but then thought 'what the fook was I going through all this for?'

And believe me, when I woke up in pain and realising I couldn't eat for 28 days anyway, I *knew* the game was up.

I saw a bariatric psychologist before my op and it was the best thing that has happened, aside from the op itself. The stomach is easy to control - the surgeon does that. But once he has made you neat, stepped away from the table, it's you who has to put the effort in.

The head is always a tough one to control, because it is knotted up with emotion and learned behaviours which we need to face and unlearn.

Don't go hard on yourself, take it a day at a time and keep on reminding yourself why you are doing what you are doing.

Good luck and keep talking x

Superb post but can't rep you... grrrrr.

Really interesting to read about everyone's experiences. I am having surgery in May. I am new to this site. I have no idea how to add my details. Can anyone help?

:bliss:

Oh stupid me - i never even think about giving rep's. I must do it, youve all been so good to me!

Ladybird - u need to click on USER CP at the top of the page in the blue band.

i know exactly how you feel :( i rung my cons office a few weeks back and was told he was off on his hols for 3 weeks and after then there was still loads in front of me on the list and no dates were sorted yet but then only 2 weeks after that call i got my date and have not had time to eat my last suppers other than 2 days.(due to putting weight on since last appt i dont want to risk my funding being took away so i need to loose at least 5lbs in the next week) i also feel cheated !! but am so happy that im finally on the way to a new me!! ive also noticed in those 2 days that i dont taste my food i just gobble it down!!!

Hiya

Its fine to feel like this , but its not for ever.

I couldnt eat for a while but 1 year down the line i can enjoy food again but just in smaller amounts.

Ive just lernt to enjoy my food but at the amount i can feel good with.

And i can eat everything i want no problems.

Stick with it all will be ok in the end

Thanks everyone.
So far im coping on the pre-op diet. Im not really missing food, just the hunger is making me miserable, and ratty with people.

Hang on in there! I know it's hard (I did it over Christmas!) but it will fly by and you will soon be on the losing side! This is the last time ever you will have to do a diet! From now on YOU arein charge not your food xxx

Back