• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Xmas meal out

clar01

Difficult time of year, I have got out if two Xmas parties but there are two that I have to go on, both paid for 3 course meal disco things, typical Xmas parties. I'm panicking!
Only my hubby knows, I'm 10 weeks out and barely manage a starter portion never mind a 3 course meal! I suppose I could pretend I don't like the starter and make hubby eat the pus but what do I do about the turkey dinner mains?

Any ideas?

I have already used the dodgy tummy at one works do so can't really use it again with the same people!?

Xxxx

well they will obviously notice you are losing weight so just say you don't want to spoil how well you've done with your diet so far with christmas coming etc and don't want to slip back :) they will think wow look at her willpower :)

Oh and by the way my poor hubby gets to eat everything i can't so he's going to need an op next ha ha

It's a party they will be to busy getting drunk to mind what your eating so use the normal excuses iv drank to much am full . Eat the starter and push and mess up the main course just lifting the fork to your mouth a few times then put the napkin over your plate and then last of all no desert for me I'm on a diet xx
As oso would say it's all part of the plan ;)
Enjoy your nights out & just feel good cause god knows your starting to look great ;) xxx
Best of luck I can't wait to be 10 weeks out having my op on the 8/12/12 xxx

Most of all after all of the above relax and enjoy your days/nights out dont worry aout what others think. xxx :)

I have noticed people really don't pay that much attention to other people's plates. They are too busy chatting and being self obsessed. Don't stress about it you'll just feel worse. I had a work dinner. Didn't have the starter as it was cold soup. Roast chicken and pots for main just had a bit. Didn't have the dessert.

Take a large enough bag with you to discretely pop some tubs into your bag that you can pop your left overs into & have another day.
Usually with these 3course meals you select which menu you want so use that to select the most pouch friendly options, last year was my first post op at various do's I checked out the choices & chose what was best for me ate my protein first then anything else I could manage what I couldn't was lunch the next day. It's amazing what a little pre-planning can do to solve the things you think are going to be major problems. If desserts are to be served with creams ask for it not to be on yours, rich sauces or dressings with mains etc. ask for it to be on the side rather than with or not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

If I am out and in company of ppl that dont now I have had wls I dont have a starter and go for stuff that is pouch friendly ( like shepherds pie, mash, or something with sauce etc) tell ya friends your saving yourself for the booze lol ( unless your teetotal of course) enjoy ya nite out x

I'm worried also as none of my friends know, plus i have my first band fill two days before the meal itself!!!
I'll obviously have to go for the softest food on offer, but going to use the fact I'm a coeliac sufferer and go through menu telling everyone I can't eat this or that due to my allergy lol, failing that I'll pretend my filling has fallen out of my tooth and I can't eat hard food... The things we have to go through :)

that's a good one filling falling out i'd never think of that :) good luck and have fun just think this time next year you'll be raring to go and strut your stuff and won't have time to eat :)

Thanks everyone! Great ideas here. I have lost three and a half stone and will prob be 4 by the time I go so I am looking forward to glamming up and hopefully getting compliments! I'll concentrate on that rather than the food! And I'll then be treating myself to a few Xmas bevvies!
Got a lovely animal print flattering dress on order, ooh excited now! Xxx

Most people I work with with know what happened (I couldn't really hide the weight loss) and are actually quite pleased I come out on Work's Do's now! However, I did notice the first few times certain people watching me like a hawk trying to see how much I could eat. I had a few unfortunate instances where the waiting staff asked me discreetly if there was anything wrong with the food, so now I share with my mate who's on WeightWatchers and it works well for us. (And cheaper!)

When I first had a band fitted, I went out a few times and tried to eat full meals. The result, as I am sure you all know, is not good, so you need to listen to your body and stop when you have had enough. After a while, people just got used to me eating less and stopped mentioning it. I am now considering a bypass myself and not eating out as much is one of the things that I will miss, but it's a small price to pay.

Back