• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Packing bag(s)

PurpleB

Hi,

Op at Bournemouth on Friday so thought I had better start thinking about what to put in my bag. I have just downloaded a number of mps to listen to so must remember that. I've got dressing gown, slippers, wet wipes, PJs x 2, book, phone (does Bournemouth allow phones??) and toilet bag, towel, etc.

Any glaring ommisions??

Many thanks,

Purple x

I go on Thursday to Derby and have got similar to you so far, but if you're taking your phone, how about it's charger? And I've heard it said that magazines might be better than a book because after the op, our concentration won't be that great. Some people have mentioned earplugs too. And instant cooling spray type stuff, cos it gets so warm in hospital. Even read that one girl was taking her hair straighteners!!

Kath,

Totally forgot about the charger - thanks :)

Good luck on Thursday. The time is flying past - just as well as i'm getting tired of milk and yoghurt!

Purple

The most valuable thing that I found that I took with me was some dry mouth spray from boots - found in the dental isle. It is very useful for the time when you can not drink until you have had your swallow test. Tastes very fresh and minty and does exactly what it says on the tin. :D Good luck with the op and speedy recovery. xx

i always have a couple of ebooks on my phone.. the audio ones, sometimes it is nicer just to listen to the story instead of actually reading it... Good luck everyone

Also wetwipes are always a good idea....

Hope it went well for you hun xxxxxxxxxx

Back