• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Paddyp weekly update - Gastric bypass 29/7/13

paddyp

Ok so Monday saw the 4th week surgiversary for my bypass and my plan is to weigh in every Friday. I am just about to throw my useless "weight watchers accurate weighing scales" in the bin as they are playing mind games with me and telling me I have not lost weight or have even gained weight when it's not true!
a
Went to the Drs to weigh this morning as they have a state of the art weighing and measuring machine in reception and was delighted to see that despite the lack of movement on my own scales, I have in fact lost 3kg this week. I am getting more and more adventurous in my eating and am finding out the point at which I need to stop before getting uncomfortable. I honestly have no regrets about the surgery 4 weeks out and can only say that from my own experience it has been an amazing way of controlling my cravings and the amount I used to eat each day.

So here goes with my weekly updates

Started with MDT Exeter 160 kg 2012
Referral for surgery 150 kg Feb 2013
Pre op 7th May 2013 149kg
Day of op 145kg 29th July 2013
Week 1 140kg
week 2 139kg
week 3 135kg
week 4 132kg

Well done paddyp!

Throw the scales away! My you've changed your tune, lol!

Well done Paddy :)

Well what a strange week it's been. For no apparent reason and without warning my mind is playing very unpleasant games with me and trying to tell me I am eating too much so I have doing doing very odd things like only eating half of whatever I have. For example if I have a petit filous yog I only eat exactly half. I then throw the other half away as I can't bring myself to leave it in case I eat it later. I have been the same with drinks. Something even worse has crept in which is that I have been chewing food but spitting it out. WTF I know that this is very very wrong but have had no control over it. Until today when I went for breakfast with a friend and had scrambled eggs on toast. I have him my toast right away and half my egg (he is a gannet) and then I ate half of the remaining egg (so approx half a scrambled egg) then went into a blind panic that I have eaten too much. He looked at me as if I was bonkers and said I hadn't eaten enough to feed a 2 year old child and that it perhaps would have better if I hadn't had the op if I was going to change from being a cheerful large person who loved food into an anorexic person who obsessed about every mouthful of food. Something clicked in my mind and I thought my God he is so right. I am just going down the path of swapping one obsession for another. So I sheepishly finished my egg and have been absolutely fine with swallowing the food. I will talk to my team about it at my follow up but I was grateful for the kick up the arse I got today as it made me stop and think about taking back control over food.

So Thursday was a cool day. Went for a routine sleep apnoea check up and hey! I'm off the elephants trunk lol. So relieved I can't tell you. I hated that thing!

The weight is still coming off - another 2.5 lbs this week which I am very pleased about as I have not had 5 weeks of consistent weight loss on any diet I have ever done and in the words of my least favourite supermarket, every little helps.

Started with MDT Exeter 160 kg 2012
Referral for surgery 150 kg Feb 2013
Pre op 7th May 2013 149kg
Day of op 145kg 29th July 2013
Week 1 140kg
week 2 139kg
week 3 135kg
week 4 132kg
week 5 130kg

Back