• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain - Help!

salski

Hi all

Just a query. Today I have eaten 2 petit filou yoghurts and some mushrooms cooked in garlic and ginger.

On my way home from work I started with a stomach cramp, and Im sat here now crying my eyes out as the pain has come thick and fast and it absolutely killing!
Im wondering if I should either call the docs or go to A and E and I keep thinking its something going seriously wrong?!
The other half of my brain is saying Im over-reacting and being melodramatic...either way Its so sore I cant sit or walk around or lie down. It has come on so quickly?!
Any ideas?!

Hi Salski
Hun hope u r ok, could u drink some water to dilute what is in your system. Think it could be the spicy food. I have a freind who has had a bypass and I have just rang her. xx

Maybe the ginger or garlic has given you stomach cramps although normally ginger helps digestion. Was it actual ginger/garlic or powders. They can upset your stomach if they are not cooked properly, I havent had an op and they upset my tum big time
Cant suggest anything else.
Have you tried some gripe water to see if it helps settle it. It may have caused wind which could be giving you the pain
Hope you feel better soon

Jay xx

hello love sorry u are not well ..phone the hospital and see what they say ..if you are in bad pain go to a&e ..good luck i hope u are ok ..its better to be safe than sorry

How are you feeling now hun? Any better? My first thought would be a blockage, sometimes mushrooms can be a bit rubbery. It that is the case try drink a very small amount of warm water. Sometimes warm fluids can dislodge a stuck bit of food. And sometimes the only thing to relieve a blockage is being sick but only as a very last resort. As far as the cramps, that kinda makes it sound like gas like the other ladies suggested. In that case, moving around, gripe water, windease and peppermint tea can help. Both things shouldn't last more than a couple of hours so if pain/discomfort is still intense after a few hours with no relief I would think a phone call to your team or a quick pop to A&E might be in order.

HTH,
Nic:p

Hiya guys - thanks for your speedy responses - I ended up calling NHS direct as the pain just kept getting worse and they convinced me I was dying! They said I had an infection and told me to run round to my GP asap! My friend came to help me get there in her car and the doctor has a squeeze and copped a feel of my tumy and lo and behold...you amazing guys were all right...wind it was...he has prescribed me pepermint oil tablets and told me to get some peppermint tea.
Thank God though as I really did beleive I was guna die sat on my toilet crying! haha...Its still bad now, but least Ive stopped with the thoughts that Im gunna die!
Either way thank you to you guys....I wish Id never rung NHS direct now lol! Thank you! xxxxxxxxxxxx :D

pmsl @ nhs direct, sorry but they make me laugh, always convince ppl they are dying really they only give you worst case senario so they dont get sued if they are wrong.

Back