• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can anyone help me plz? pain when eating

pinkylin

Hi as most of you know i had my op on the 16th of november 09 and things have been ok so far but over the last few days when im trying to eat i feel a pain and a discomfort when the food has gone down into pouch its like trapped wind sort of pain then afterwards i get loads of gurgling noises now do you think there is something not quite right there or do you think it could be case of badley trapped wind i was worried at first thinkin it may be a narrowing of the top pf the pouch and im still unsure whether it could be this or not when i get it it does hurt and its not very nice and i have been sik a few times buyt ive put that down to not chewing my food properly now i am due to go back to the hosp on the 28th of jan and i will be askin them to check me out to see if im ok but i am really starting to think that somethin is not quite right can anyone help have you had this if so what was it lin.x

It is always best to seek medical advice if you fear anything is wrong, better to see someone and they say you are fine than to suffer when something needed to be done. That said, it is very common at your stage (early days transition to solids) to have discomfort when you eat if you know you sometimes don't chew well. Once you have been sick because a bit of food has become stuck you can continue to have pain/swelling/sickness in your pouch for days afterwards. You are always best to return to liquids or very smooth purees for a day or two once you have been sick as this allows for healing and swelling to go down.

When you should be concerned is if at any point you feel like even liquids are unable to go down or if you are sick every time you eat, in both cases it is time to call your team and head to A&E.

Hope you feel better soon & baby your pouch!

Nic;)

hope you feel better soon xx

thanx nic so i guess its soups for me today then lol i was wondering if it was a bit of swelling when i say i was sik i didnt feel sik i just had to bring it up what was stuck there if you know what i mean.

I think i need to go and do a homemade veg soup with a bit of cheese on top for lunch and tea lol

thanx mandy hun.x

hope you feel better soon my friend xxx

tar liz im feelin ok for now lol i didnt have soup for lunch i had the inside of a small ww quiche it was very soft and i chewed like hell lol and it went down ok but just before i had a drink and i sipped not gulped and that hurt a lil so i defo think i will see them when i go the hosp and make sure its all ok lin.x

thanx sharon yeh feelin a lil better now but i am absolutley riddled with wind lolz

Back