• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain on Pre Op Diet

Valkil

Hi,

I'm on day 9 of my pre op diet and suffer with bad reflux but since on the diet of milk and yogurts all has eased but today if I drink milk or even have sugar free jelly etc I have pain and cramping in my stomach under my ribs. Has anyone had this or can give any clue as to why this is happening? I still take my lanzoprazole but its not reflux just uncomfortable pain with a few owws here and there :wave_cry:

Any suggestions would be grateful. :confused::confused:

Hi yes thanks reflux has gone . I had to go back to surgery the following day after a lot of pain they found a kink in my bowel. I have struggled with recovery and just had 2 good days xx

Hi ValKil,

I see you had N Carter, I'm with him too. If you don't mind could you tell me your opinion and give me tips for the surgery day? I'm going to do bypass hopefully soon have to wait longer now as hospital had a few cancellations. Anyway glad you are feeling better now.

Hi ValKil,

I see you had N Carter, I'm with him too. If you don't mind could you tell me your opinion and give me tips for the surgery day? I'm going to do bypass hopefully soon have to wait longer now as hospital had a few cancellations. Anyway glad you are feeling better now.

Hi pinkcere

Mr Carter was really lovely I had a bit of banter with him and he took it well he can seem straight lased, but lovely and concerned in the same way I only met him the day of my surgery which was first cancelled on 18th December but called me back for 22nd I did have a complication of extreme pain the following day which he came to see me a few times then that night he took me down again to check and I had a kink in my bowl but he sorted it. He even phoned me new years day to see how I was getting on would highly recommend him (good looking to lol).
The build up of thinking about surgery is worse than it actually is all the nurses were lovely and my bariactric nurse Alison was brilliant. I would suggest lip balm and I bought a saliva spray from tescos it was fairly expensive but I used it a lot with a dry thirsty mouth worth the money. The biggest thing don't expect to much I did and thought that I should be up and about more but everyone is different. You won't be fussed about eating so that's good but do take very small slow sips of water as much as you can. Also if you feel you need it don't be afraid to ask for pain relief I ended up with a push button morphine but that was probably due to my problem of the bowel but it is rare just me I suppose.
Please let me know how you get on. If there is anything else you want to know just ask ?

Val xx

Back