• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting pre op diet 19/3/14 question about nhs yogurt and milk diet

bex986

Start my pre op diet on the 19th
Have a question about the milk and yogurt diet does anyone know any yogurts aswell as weight watchers that are 60cals or below?

I know that some people have Muller Lights (they are bigger in portion size so depending on what you have or are allowed and if you make them a smaller portion the same size as weight watchers then they are less than 60 cals.

I think some of the shape low fat yoghurts are too :)

I had muller light ones on mine. Along with some fat free yoghurts, have a browse in the supermarket :)

my provider said if i have mullerlight i can go to 600 calories so about 6 of them instead of the 8/10 smaller pots

Hi Bex, I have started the milk diet today, it doesnt say that the yogurt has to be less than 60cals does it? I am having the muller light fruit yorgurts and they are 99 cals. I think they should be fine as you are not going to be eating much else.

Also they are 10 for £3 in asda at the moment xx

Good Luck xx

Hi
In my handout in says the yogurts have to be 60cals or under but I think each surgeon differs.
Have found some that are 69cals the dietician said I could have less of them but have to work out the maths.
hope your getting on ol for your first day on the pre op diet x

Thanks for all your replies.
I can have others just need to work out the maths of the cals x

if say you have to have for example 600 calories then 6 muller lights is 594 calories for the sake of just 6 calories i would go with them but you might find others that you prefer

Aldi do low cal ones but they are small so you may get hungry x

Hi all my pre op diet started yesterday and I have my op next Saturday, I am having three meals a day and following the plan my surgeon gave me, I cannot believe I'm going to confess to this but I just ate a Jaffa cake !!!
What an idiot
I can't believe it
And it's really stressing me out that I've not followed the plan to the letter!
Has anyone else done this or am I the only fool x

Hi Adrienne,

I started my pre op on Monday gone and op is next friday. I have foung out this week that I have not got a sweet tooth and I may be the 'picker' that I didnt think I was!

Been doing so well and on Tues (2nd day only) I ate a piece of chicken! It was gone before I realised...... I was so upset! Anyway, I went for preop on Friday and the nurse said that eating a piece of bread would have been worse....... that made me feel worse and to be fair, I aint done it again....... even though by habit I have, I have managed to stop myself!

Good Luck you will be fine xx

I just had muller lite but froze them down as it helped me a bit
Also made milky coffees to get through the milk

I've switched to a solid low carb and fat diet under 800cals a day now after speaking to my dietician as I was literally passing out with the meal replacement shakes which I was on.

Having it on the 2nd april, so nervous but looking forward to it aswell! Can't wait to be able to walk into normal clothes shops and buy off the shelf!

I hate going into town I am literally limited to evans, and they are sooo expensive, so can never go clothes shopping in town, get everything online and I hate it, would love to be able to try clothes on in shops!

I think in the past I have tried every diet going, even paid £400 a few years back for a hypnoband that did nothing!

Have battled so hard for this surgery can not wait for it to be here, but am so scared I'll wake up and they will tell me they couldn't do it for some reason!

My husband is quite big aswell, not as big as me, he is following the pre op diet with me to be supportive, have told him he doesnt have to but he wants to, which is really sweet :)

I hate going into town I am literally limited to evans, and they are sooo expensive, so can never go clothes shopping in town, get everything online and I hate it, would love to be able to try clothes on in shops! I think in the past I have tried every diet going, even paid £400 a few years back for a hypnoband that did nothing! Have battled so hard for this surgery can not wait for it to be here, but am so scared I'll wake up and they will tell me they couldn't do it for some reason! My husband is quite big aswell, not as big as me, he is following the pre op diet with me to be supportive, have told him he doesnt have to but he wants to, which is really sweet :)

I was very worried aswell
As I'd always been a big drinker, I had a cancellation call on Xmas Eve (after 3 Xmas nights out) so only had 9 days on pre op, I was worried sick, stuck to milk diet from 6pm Xmas Eve and bypass went fine on 4th jan.. Good luck xx

Back