• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain!!!!!!!!!

farzu

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing fine. :)

I went to shopping for last 4 days and had to walk a lot. some times when i walk i feel pain in my left leg :sigh: . Just below the cup muscle. not in the heels or knees or anywhere else. I felt it few times before also but didn't care much. This time It hurt so much that i felt like my leg will break :cry:. i can feel the pain inside the bone and only in one leg. Has anyone else felt the same? I first thought that may be my legs can't take the weight of my body anymore and that's the reason it hurts but when i felt it only in one leg i got scared. i'll have to walk a lot next month as my parents are coming to visit me. i'm so scared now. anyone has anything similar? help me.

Farzu xxx

You need to get down to your GP's surgery babe and get a proper diagnosis. Your pain could be caused a myriad of things and it might be you need an x ray to see what it is.

Good luck with it and let us know how you go on xxx

Yes sweetheart to be on the safe side i would go and get things checked over with my GP. Sending hugs with fairy dust xx

Agreed - the info you have provided is too general - what is your 'cup muscle'? It may be neuro, muscular, ortho or joint...best to get off down to the doc in case you are damaging it further. Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice everyone. i'll see my GP ASAP.
Anyone has the same problem here?

Definitely see the GP. Hope you feel better soon x

Farzu - that sounds horrible. I had weird pains in my legs about 4 years ago - my legs felt weak during the day and painful at night. It turned out to be venous insufficiency (a sort of precursor to varicose veins) and the doctor gave me some cream to rub in. I've only had one bout since, thank goodness. Let us know what the doctor says. Good luck, Mxx

Hi there,
Don't know if it's anything like the same., but since I had a gastric band fitted on 25/07 I get a pain only in my right thigh. It feels like it's gone dead, but only in one leg. seems strange, and will mention it when I go for my next fill, hope you go on okay at the Drs
good luck
xx

Hi Farzu,could it be you have shin splints?This is very painful and usually comes on after a lot of walking/exersize.See your gp to be on the safe side.

Go to your GP - could be anything from torn ligaments to inflammation of the joint or osteoarthritis or anything - all things are solvable so dont panic!

Hi Farzu

Yes a trip to the doctors sounds like a good idea to me....best to sort it now so as not to let anything get any worse.

(((hugs)))

Hi all. Thanks for all your advices.
I went to see my GP this morning. I told him all about my leg pain but he just said it is normal. He didn't even give me any pain killers instead he gave me medicine for cholesterol. All he said is this pain is normal and can happen as i never walk or exercise hard lol. I told him to check my weight and yippeeeeeeee it went down a bit more. I'm just going to take some pain killers to see what happens. He also increased my dosage of metformin. So far i'm quite happy as my weight went down. He is the one who didn't care when i asked him for wls, so i told him today that i've been referred and loved the look on his face.

One more thing,
I'm travelling this month but want to know if you can carry the blood sugar monitor with you on the flight as it has needles. I asked my GP to give me a letter saying that i am diabetic and need to carry it with me but he asked for £15 for the letter lol. So, if there is any rule for carring these types of things then i won't take the letter form GP. anyone has any ideas on this?

Farzuxxx

my father in law is diabetic, i know for sure he carries his insulin injector (he's type 1 btw) in his hand luggage, not sure why you'd need your testing kit with you on the flight, if you check your sugars before you fly, and then again after, i'm sure you'll be fine, and be able to leave it in the main luggage, if not, as Caroline said, phone your carrier to double check

I'm only taking my hand luggage with me. i called them and they said i can carry it in a separate bag which will be not counted as a hand baggage and its just for the testing kit and medicines.

I'm only taking my hand luggage with me. i called them and they said i can carry it in a separate bag which will be not counted as a hand baggage and its just for the testing kit and medicines.

Hi Farzu

Just noticed this thread...

If you booked your trip through a travel agent...get them to put it in their booking notes...(tbh it is the travel agent who should have rang the airline on your behalf)

On short haul you can put this stuff in your suitcase...if it's long haul and you need to use your meds during your flight then it should be fine in a clear plastic bag.

Have a nice trip

(((hugs)))

Back