• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone have a Redish/Brown area on your leg?

Leelin

Hi,

I'm just starting my weight loss journey. My case is being reviewed again at the MDT in the next few weeks. Hopefully know by the end of the month if I've been excepted for WLS.
I've been overweight all my life, and have a family history of obesity.
About 2 1/2 years ago I developed a Redish/brown area on my right lower leg. It's warm at the touch and is slightly sensitive. After many months on antibiotics and a skin biopsy the DR's decided it was due to me being obese and past trauma to the area. My father also has these patches on his leg and he is obese.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has/had this and if it went away once you lost the weight?
I'm 32 and weigh 20st. I don't wear shorts or skirts/dresses because everyone asks about my leg.
I've been told that it will eventually disappear and look better with the weight loss.
Would like to know if anyone else had this and did it disappear and how long?

Thanks!
Xx

I had something similar on my lower left leg/shin area a few years ago when I was at my highest weight (27stone). It was shiny and felt hot to the touch. Not itchy. They said it was the start of cellulitis... luckily mine cleared up when I lost weight. Keep an eye on it, keep the area clean. Maybe ask to be checked to see if it is cellulitis? x

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad yours went away!

I think the DR's originally thought it was Cellulitis and I wore compression stockings and was on antibiotics for about 6 months, but didn't change. I was sent to A&E to check if it was DVT but it wasn't. I had an X-ray and came up normal and then had a skin biopsy and the results were skin damage from past trauma. The area also sweats when I am exercising.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad yours went away!

I think the DR's originally thought it was Cellulitis and I wore compression stockings and was on antibiotics for about 6 months, but didn't change. I was sent to A&E to check if it was DVT but it wasn't. I had an X-ray and came up normal and then had a skin biopsy and the results were skin damage from past trauma. The area also sweats when I am exercising.

Hiya. I had this sort of thing a few years ago. I had antibiotics and they gave me cream but the cream just made it worse. I ended up just using sudocrem and whether it was that, or just time, but it did go. The patch has faded now too. Are you sure it's sweat? My leg was swollen and it was actually fluid leaking out. I wore a bandage just to absorb it and kept it as clean as possible. I hope you get it sorted out :)

Back