• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain two weeks after bypass

bobo

Hi everyone , i have a pain in my tummy just above my belly button and inbetween two of the wounds from my bypass , its not there all the time but if i touch it it feels bruised , if i bend its like a stabbing pain i first got it last week and it almost felt like something had ripped , the pain isnt deep in my stomach more towards my skin ,has anyone else had this ? My gp seems to think its wind and iv spoke to the nurse who didnt seemed concerned about it either , I thought i had maybe popped something , Any ideas would be great !! xx

Please don't worry - I think it's unlikely you've done yourself any harm. You've had a major op though and you're probably beginning to be more active, so this is your body's way of saying hey, slow down a bit I need time to recover ! Take it easy hun... xx

Hope you feel much better very soon... there must be a lot of healing and settling down going on precious... keep warm & rest... get better soon xxx

As Rose and Bev say - its probably the after effects of your surgery, wind is also a big problem at this time and as long as you gently walk around the house it will help release it and gradually subside.
Best thing is plenty of rest until you feel better. You have had major surgery and the body takes a while to fully heal.

Keep snug and warm on these cold days!

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

I'm pre-op so can't really say.. just wanted to say hope you feel much better soon xx

Please don't worry. If something had popped or ruptured, you would know, believe me. You wouldn't be on here writing about it, you'd be in hospital screaming for morphine!

You may well have pulled a muscle. Remember deep layers of muscles have been cut to get to your inside bits to do the op. Even though the skn may be beautifully healed, tese deep layers take a lot longer. I'm now almost 8 weeks post op2, and I'm STILL sore around my wound.

Just take it easy. If you're having pain, your body may be saying to you, "please let me rest more."
So take it easy.
Hugs and love
Grace xxx

Thanks ladies , its not been as bad today off to see my regular gp on friday for my new prescriptions so will get her to have a feel too xxx

I hope you are not overdoing it hun xxxxxx please take it easy and try and rest whenever you can xxx

I think i maybe was a bit but have tried to relax this week a bit more , the snow helps because i cant really go anywhere !! xx

please, please, please take it steady.......hope weather stays bad just t help ya stay a little more immobile ;o)

I feel like i should be doing so much more as not feeling bad but boy do i know when i have done too much!
Try having a soak t help relax too could ease any tension you might be holding xxxx

I agree about the taking it easy, you are so newly post op! Hope everything is OK and you feel better soon :D XX

Back