• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

painrelief???

teresa/steve

:)Hi all , hubby would like to know what painkillers are you allowed to take, is there some which can iritate your pouch or what any help please xx

hello all , Thank you Theresa/steve for this post .... i was going to mention my experience , I am 6 weeks post op.... i take a lot of medication ... when i was in hospital i asked what meds i can now take , and i was told that i could carry on with all my meds and that includes Naproxen (a strong NSAID) The only advice i received was to take capsules and not tablets ??? i spoke to my gp who didnt really know much about it ... i am very confused ... and still dont know if i can have my NSAID or not ?... is there anyone out there who has been told recently NOT to have NSAID'S ??? xxxx

Yes. I was told that I am not aloud to take any NSAIDs what so ever. The doc told me that it can cause ulcers and can eat through out stomaches at a much faster rate then before. He said maybe later on down the road every once in awhile but not anytime soon. And I was just told this on we'd aug. 18th when being discharged from the hospital after my surgery.

I can use Diclofenac gel and have had Diclofenac suppositories no problem but was told to avoid NSAID's totally, I've only forgotten once in the 2 years post op and I had horrific gripping stomach pains, I've made sure not to forget since!

I can use Diclofenac gel and have had Diclofenac suppositories no problem but was told to avoid NSAID's totally, I've only forgotten once in the 2 years post op and I had horrific gripping stomach pains, I've made sure not to forget since!

Wow! So you can't even take them sometimes then. Good to know!! This actually makes me really sad.. i love NSAID's! They are by far my fav pain killer.. :(

And what exactly is Diclofenac gel and Diclofenac suppositories??

Tam, Diclofenac gel and Diclofenac suppositories are also known as NSAIDS or Ibuprofen, the gel is for rubbing on aches and pains and the suppositories are for sticking where the sun don't shine when you can't take Ibuprofen tablets!

Oh nice! I will have to look for those! Cus I deff love ibuprofen. It's the only thing that helps my back pain.

I was discharged home with Neurofen Melts - I guess they don't have contact with your stomach. I was also given soluble paracetamol which I found gross after the first couple of days and spent a further couple of days trying calpol etc - gave up. Might get a supply of paracetamol suppositories in though as they'll be easier to take.

I was surprised about the Neurofen Melts, but do have every confidence in my surgeon:) so don't mind taking.

Back