• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what does everyone drink?????

sammyc

hi all im 8 weeks post opp and im getting sick of nas vimto or milky coffee just wanted to ask what u all drink im too scared to drink fruit juice coz they are high in sugar and im worried about dumping need some ideas please for cold drinks and if anyone goes to pubs what do u all drink there i know we cant have fizzy drinks so any ideas would be great please x

you can probably have fruit juice hun if you mix it with water. Also nas cocktails using different flavour - other flavours of nas squash. Tea? Flavoured water? smoothies?

Hope these help.

Not actually had surgery yet - but what about drinking water with a few drops of lemon or orange juice in. I used to drink this a lot years ago and it's not as bad as it sounds and works equally well hot or cold.

I drink a LOT of tea with lemon and fresh ginger in...no milk. Haven't had milk in my tea for about 26 yrs. The ginger was a more recent addition of about a year or so, I read somewhere it helps with joint pain, and also is a fantastic immune booster.

For a cold drink it's either water (room temperature, never cold) or an Israeli soft grapefruit drink (diet) called Jump. I love it, trouble is, getting it. Now it's almost Passover time our kosher groceries have imported it by the case so I have stocked up, but normally I can't get it. As it doesn't seem to deteriorate (much) I intend to get as much of it as I can before they run out after Passover.

Hi

The obvious choices are

NAS squash drinks, any flavour

NAS Crusha in Milk only the strawberry one though not the chocolate one.

Low Calorie Hot Chocolate like Cadbury options

Low calorie instant lemon tea

Fresh Orange mixed 50/50 with water

Plain old water bottled or out the tap if bottled still only.

Basically anything that will not make you dump, no sugar, no fiz and no alcohol.

You also don't want to tempt drinking anything that should make you dump only to find out you are one of those people that don't dump, because that will make things much harder as far as weightloss is concerned. If you find that drinking alcohol and eating chocolate dosn't make you ill you are far more likely to consume them and that could sabotage you weightloss, and in some cases that has lead to the surgery being totally waisted. You would be surprised just how much chocolate can be consumed in a day, even with a bypass, because it mets in the mouth and is very easy to swalllow.

50% of the effect of weightloss surgery is down to aversion therapy, don't eat it as it might make you I'll, if you lose the aversion you lose the battle.

Paul

When I went out to pub last I drank mineral water all night - had a blast and didn't feel I missed out xx

Hi , when I have been out for a meal etc I have have J20 with ice and I was fine . Normally only have the one but doesn't make me dump. I also have pineapple juice again with water . I don't wine etc so can't help there ! I normally try anything new at home first x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had nas fruit juice when I go out with ice and if they don't sell it I drank tap water and took a small bottle of nas vimto in my bag (filled an empty fruit shoot) and added it I had a great night and I was a cheap date too lol x

Well now I am 7mnth post op I do have a vodka and diet coke just take it easy with the bubbles and have no more than 4 which is ok from say 7pm til 1am. Sometimes I have wine and diet lemonade if we at someones house so very little wine, I was recommended fruit juice if i wanted because of the constipation I have it occasionally but that won't be even once a week. Favoured water is nice but check out for calories but not too bad, whatever suits your pallet really, have just started drinking peppermint tea not a big fan of herbal teas but this is ok. xx

i don't drink fruit juice at all it upsets my stomach and ds don't dump but i stick to water when i go out to play darts as there is never a choice for none fizzy and J20 has loads of sugar and even fruitshoot are not sugar free they are just low sugar :) i drink twinning fruit tea at home for a change to tetley and ovaltine at night and normal NAS fruit and barley orange during day or water ive just accepted it's one of the things we have to put up with and to be honest i would rather drink water etc than be like i was 4 months ago :)

Nas squash & barley for me or water the occasional diluted fruit juice. When I go out I have cranberry juice with plenty of ice.

My mate drinks cranberry juice and seems fine with that :D

Back