• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panicking

Flip_Flop_Flo

I'm booked for band on 25th however today I started panicking that is made the wrong choice and should be having the sleeve.

Consultation outcome was band and I was happy with the choice so why am I panicking now.

(You're panicking because we all do, doubt, fear, what if....all normal. I went private so there was always someone to call, had a very long conversation a few days pre-op with the care coordinator in my providers office (she had surgery and lost some think like 15 st) where I basically rambled on and she listened! Is there someone in your surgical team that you can talk to about the choices? Why do you think a sleeve might be better?

If you are having doubts take a step back and do some more research, I thought I wanted the band then had a wobble and after more reading I went for the sleeve. It's a big decision to make, make the right one for you! Good luck

Could the nerves also be down to the prospect of starting a new life and leaving the old life behind? Your old life was a kind of force field of self protection and your about to shed that
just a thought
do as kar says step back and think its best to di this now than after
good luck

Research sounds good to me like Kars suggestion. Do some more reading on what to expect afterward and in the future. Maybe go on YouTube and look at some peoples' video diaries tracking their life month by month. I found that helped reassure me that people have done this before and they are living normally afterward. And looking awesomely slim!

Take my advice with a pinch of salt of course, I've not been through it yet...

Back