• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pants, pants , pants...Op postponed

Lostinmy30's

Well today was day one of my pre op diet as I was meant to be going in next monday for my op on tuesday...got a call this morning and its been postponed to 1st of March :cry:
Totally gutted and devastated...I was 'in the zone' and now I am so not....went and had a KFC and a cry.....still feel like its all black...How do you guys handle positivity when these things happen?

Aww I am feeling for you xx .. My op was supposed to be on February 24 and got a letter in the mail saying it was postponed until March 3.. no explanation .. I was really upset .. I know its just a week but when you have been waiting so long and planning on it .. it is upsetting... I had a bit of a cry too and then got back on track ... it will get here eventually .. (((((hugs)))))

I'd have a HUGE CRY, and probably join you in KFC!!! Then I'd look at my diary, count down the weeks and see it isn't that long now! Remember February is a short month!!! Only 4 weeks to go!!!

I know its only 26 days away and it must seem really selfish and silly to those waiting for dates...I just feel so deflated like someone rained on my parade lol...I just need to get back in 'the zone'...and bizarrely i was actually looking forward to the break from work..how bad is that lol you need surgery to get a break from work:eek:

Thanks girls I know I'll be fine in a day or so once i get my head straight!

Poor you-every right to have a good moan-I don't think they realise how devastating it is when they postpone ops
Hope time flies for you:)

oh how disappointing! Mine was postponed today too, I know how gutted you must be feeling!

I know its only 26 days away and it must seem really selfish and silly to those waiting for dates...I just feel so deflated like someone rained on my parade lol...I just need to get back in 'the zone'...and bizarrely i was actually looking forward to the break from work..how bad is that lol you need surgery to get a break from work:eek:

Thanks girls I know I'll be fine in a day or so once i get my head straight!

Hun I hope you didn't think I was being flippant! I'd be devastated if it happened to me. Feel free to have a big old moan for as long as you want.

I completely understand where you're coming from about the break from work! I'm looking forward to kicking back for a couple of weeks!! I have lots of DVDs sorted!!! And books!! And my new comfy sofa!! And pregnancy pillow!

The time till go before you know it!! And you'll be joining me on that losers bench. I'll put a hot water bottle on ya seat to keep it nice and warm for you!!!

My op was postponed for a week due to the snow and I was crying on the phone as they were telling me. It was just a week but it sounded like ages. I had a exceedingly good jam doughnut that night and then carried on with the pre-op! I know it is a really hard blow, but do hang on in there.

Oh, so sorry to hear that...I can only imagine how disappointed you must feel. However, less than a month away still so just remember it WILL DEFINITELY happen :)

Thanks again guys...just about got my head straight now....into hospital in 3 mondays......was out for my friends b'day last night and getting reiki and crystal healing next weekend....weekend after onto pre op and down to the gym.......week after that in I go :rolleyes: not long.....22 days to op

((( big hugs ))) 2 u. Its good ur being positive, 22 days will fly especially as u have nice things planned to do.
I 2 go into hospital on the 1st of March but am having my op on the 2nd xx

Yay Roch my ops on the second too - I just go into hospital on the first.Ooooooh we can have our journey together...so excited now:D

:):):) hello chick,

I know its hard but try and stick in there. Been there done it wore the t shirt.
Dec 10th 2009 was 19st 7 lost 2 stone myself before i had my gastric band, hard but done it.
had pre op assessment all was well had op on 10th Nov 2009.
lost 21 pounds since op now weigh 16 stone my goal is 10st.

good luck:)

Ok so a week to go...Day2 of the pre op diet :)....lost 2lbs already lol (that will be all the peeing)...got my dress from my 30th birthday party out and hanging on the back of the bedroom door. That was 5 years and 6 stone ago and is my visual focus to begin with.
Seriously hungry tho...but it will aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll be worth it....quite excited now but dreading a call between now and next monday to say its cancelled again....going to do some yoga now before lunch :D

I hate reading about all the cancelled ops on here, I jump every time I hear the postie now just incase I'm the next one thats going to have to say MY OPS BEEN CANCELLED.

Good luck for Monday, I'm having my pre op app on the same day. Keep us informed on how it all goes, take care.

Back