• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The last supper, did you have a big slap up meal !!

Angela makes a really good point when she says that this is as much about the psychological changes as well as the physical ones.

I dont think I will ever be free of my food addiction. Yes, I have a physical tool which prevents me overeating now, but Im ashamed to say that if I could have just one day where I could gorge myself stupid like I did every day in the run up to my pre op diet then I would.

I miss eating in huge quantites. Yes, it is about quality, not quantity when you get to the losers bench... but I do miss that feeling of being full up. Maybe its still early days for me, and dont get me wrong, I wouldnt turn the clock back for all the tea in China, but food doesnt give me the same pleasure now as it did before the op. I'm too busy concentrating on trying to get the protein in before the carbs, and not eating and drinking at the same time, and wondering how many mouthfuls I can eat before I start to feel full. Its hard to put in to words... I hope you know what I mean.

My last meal was my xmas diner. It lasted all day and then i got smashed on vodka at night "felt poorly all day boxing day"

My 'Last supper' was an eat-all-you-like trip to Jimmy Spices but I was so excited and nervous about the op that I could hardly eat a thing! xx

Its my last supper today. so I went out and bought a free range chicken, some sirloin steak and some lamb chops and a large sherry fresh cream trifle. I chose meat as I love it and I know that I wont be able to tolerate meat for a long time. I have already eaten chicken and steak and half the trifle and i feel sick already.
looks like the dogs will be getting some treats.
cant wait for my milk diet tom. lol xx

my last supper was the 28th december my hubbys birthday, lunch out with kids had a combo starter (I never get starter) but it was between 5 of us, then steak and gammon chips and egg and pineapple and onion rings and mushrooms and pint of cider, out for tea at potters bar 14oz rib eye steak garlic butter mushrooms chips salad and bottle cider then a creamy latte followed by a massive amount of cans of cider till 2am then my pre op started and i am sticking to it so far so good x

I feel like yes I have had what i wanted and now its serious x

Without sounding cocky or big headed, I am to mentally focused on my diet and pre op diet to think about a last supper. I wont even have a yoghurt. they say I am to have cuppa soup until my op, so that's all I'm having. had to draw the line at NO milk in my coffee though. I gave up sugar in coffee 2 months ago, cant go with out milk too. :(:)

I wouldnt have a last supper whilst I am on preop like the day before my op just incase I jinxed things
But the day before my pre op started I just felt i needed a mad crazy day x
good luck to you all
x

Yes, I have a physical tool which prevents me overeating now, but Im ashamed to say that if I could have just one day where I could gorge myself stupid like I did every day in the run up to my pre op diet then I would.

I miss eating in huge quantites. Yes, it is about quality, not quantity when you get to the losers bench... but I do miss that feeling of being full up. Maybe its still early days for me, and dont get me wrong, I wouldnt turn the clock back for all the tea in China, but food doesnt give me the same pleasure now as it did before the op. I'm too busy concentrating on trying to get the protein in before the carbs, and not eating and drinking at the same time, and wondering how many mouthfuls I can eat before I start to feel full. Its hard to put in to words... I hope you know what I mean.

I think that is the difference between people who are able to control their weight and those of us who have to reduce it. With normal weight people, or people who have to be careful to keep to a normal weight, their attitude to food is different. They are concerned with enjoying it, not eating fast, eating only when hungry and getting nutrition out of their food. Of course we all see slim people who snack on crisps and biscuits, but they know when to stop and they do have an element of self-control otherwise they would become obese. As I have said many times before in my posts, it is all about training the brain to have a different attitude to food and eating. I admire all of you who are brave enough to have weight loss surgery as I know it is not an easy decision, but it is extremely rare, apart from any occasion when a gastric band has to be removed, that a person who has weight loss surgery, such as bypass or sleeve, regains all the weight lost, as sometimes happens on other diets, especially quick fix diets.

Back