• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know i shouldnt have but i got weighed today

yorkshirelass74

I cant believe it, when i read all your posts about my very slow weight loss in week 3 i had got myself in to the mind set that i was in a stall and it would right itself, but i have got weighed this morning, out of curiosity mostly and i have actually put a pound on!! My body must be the weirdest thing ever, maybe i should leave it to medical science when i die!

This actually has happened with every diet i have ever been on, i lose weight for a couple of weeks, then it slows then it goes on. I know this time it is nothing that i have eaten as i am on about 600-800 calories a day, as of today i am upping my fluids, i have had a pint of water today already. But the weight gain in week 3 is where i start to give up on a diet, obviously i cant and wont now, but its very interesting how things havent changed even though i have had a bypass, i was hoping to bypass all of this!!!!

Anyone else experienced this or is it just me??

AW Mona that's really disheartening. But you've got to lose weight with what you're eating so it is only a glip.

Here's to a great loss next week.

Thanks Karen, i am hoping for a loss soon or i might chop a leg off!

Hi Mona
Please don't worry, I am just the same as you, nothing going off, and depending where I put the scales in the bathroom, sometimes 2 pounds going on. I am sure when we start to eat more solid foods and more protein, it will come off (flippin hope so, am quite worried myself).
Keep in touch, sending hugs

Mona... try not to worry... I am doing more exercises and trying harder than I have in a long time... my scales vary if I turn them around... it's a strange thing sometimes when you are really trying, but we are filled with so much fluid etc... please don't chop off your leg... just get moving with it!

Much love xxx

Thats the problem with daily weighing ( I do it as well, cant help it) it shows up the daily fluctuations.

It wont be 1lb of fat you have gained. That is impossible on the amount you are eating, it will be down to water retention, constipation, hormonal fluctuations or all of the above!

Try not to worry. The weight simply has to move. Unfortunately it does not always shift as fast as we want it to, but you may be shrinking whilst the scales are stuck x

It's always amazed me how sometimes we can lose inches and not weight...

Keep positive and keep going... it will happen...

I way myself on a Sunday only nowadays since it's hard going with a daily weigh in due to so many other factors.

Much love and positive thoughts! xxx

i agree daily weigh ins are not great, but it still doesnt stop me!!!!!!! x

I can't stop weighing myself every day either...and my weight can fluctuate as much as 2 pounds either way, so don't worry !

have you thaught it may be because your body has got that used to having nothing over the past few weeks it thinks that your over eating at the moment - this maybe silly, but did you do the milk pre op diet? if so then with with the milk diet and the weeks of fluids only post op, now that your starting to introduce more stuff into your diet your body mite think your over eating? do you get what i mean? hence the pound gain. i shouldnt worry it will come off in time.. but id get you family to hide the scales or something and only get weighed on a set day each week. xxxx heres to loads of weight loss cuming your way xxxx

have you thaught it may be because your body has got that used to having nothing over the past few weeks it thinks that your over eating at the moment - this maybe silly, but did you do the milk pre op diet? if so then with with the milk diet and the weeks of fluids only post op, now that your starting to introduce more stuff into your diet your body mite think your over eating? do you get what i mean? hence the pound gain. i shouldnt worry it will come off in time.. but id get you family to hide the scales or something and only get weighed on a set day each week. xxxx heres to loads of weight loss cuming your way xxxx

Hi Keels, thanks for that, i didnt do the milk diet, i did a high protein very low carb for a week, yesterday all i had was 3 glasses of milk and a tin of soup, i know the weight has got to come off eventually, but that little pound going on completely threw me!!

i can imagine - its guttering isnt it! i was the same last week i thaught id done so well with eating healthily and doing lost of exercise and i put on but i think it was down to a bit of constipation, ive cut alot of carbs out this week and ive not done too bad! i realli dont no what to say about your gain other than to just hang in there! you body will be saying hahaha ill show you... putting me thru that! lmao! i just had this mad thaught of you arguing with your body hehe

Its probably your body going into starvation mode where it hangs on to everything because it's not getting as much as it wants. It will move soon don't worry. If you are going to weigh yourself regularly and don't want the added pressure of thinking you are laying on fat, then invest in a set of scales that monitor body fat, water, bone density (weight watchers do a good one) and then you can see that when you put on weight, its usually water or bone density (which might happen if you are exercising heavily) and that your body fat percentage hasn't gone up or has in fact even gone down.

At three weeks post-op I put 1lb of weight on and then for around ten to fourteen days afterwards I didnt lose anything, I was absolutely gutted, I got myself into a real state, I was beside myself. Anyway, after that bit of time I lost 3lbs one week, then 3lbs the next week and then 2lbs each week there after for a couple of months.
I have found that it is common to 'stall' around the three week mark and even put a pound or so ON, but please rest assured that you WILL drop that pound and many many MANY more, it is natural and it WILL happen xx
Steph xx

Thanks for that girls, i feel a bit better, i will just hang on in there till my body makes friends with the scales, i promised myself i would only get weighed on a monday, but it serves me right for being inpatient!

Thanks for your advice
xxx

Mona, I'm sure it'll just be fluid. Try not to worry.
Weight is such a weird thing - up one minute , down the next. Isn't this what we've all struggled with going to Slimming World, Weight Watchers etc? Like you know you've been really 'good' but then you get on the scales and they show you static or even a gain. Nightmare!
My scales at home are quite rubbish, despite being newish and electronic. I've got rid of them, and go to Boots to get weighed once a week.
As much as I want to lose weight, I'm determined to never be terrorised by the scales, ever again!
Please remind me of this in a few week's time! .......when you're losing and I'm stalled! :D
sending hugs
Charis xxx

hey keeley i agree with that to hun! x

ooooo charis this time tomorrow!!! eeeeeeeeek x

Thanks Charis,
very sound advice, I didnt think i would be terrorised by the scales either, not after paying £9000 for a bypass, i didnt think my weight would still be this stubborn, it wouldnt be so bad if i hadnt borrowed the money either lol!

How are you feeling Charis, just think this time tomorrow, it will all be over, and your journey will get cracking! Just think in 3 weeks i could be advising you!!!
big hugs hun,
Will be thinking about you
xxxxx

Thanks Charis,
very sound advice, I didnt think i would be terrorised by the scales either, not after paying £9000 for a bypass, i didnt think my weight would still be this stubborn, it wouldnt be so bad if i hadnt borrowed the money either lol!

How are you feeling Charis, just think this time tomorrow, it will all be over, and your journey will get cracking! Just think in 3 weeks i could be advising you!!!
big hugs hun,
Will be thinking about you
xxxxx

ah Mona, I do hope I didn't come across as a clever dick! I know what you mean love, I've done nearly 10 days on the milk diet and no sign of weight loss! How frustrating is that! But it just HAS to give in and go eventually, it can't not! Let's give this stubborn weight it's marching orders!

I'm fine honey, thanks so much for asking. .......Surprisingly calm. ;) my bag's packed and I'm ready to go........cue for a song?! :p

But surgery day is Tuesday, I just get admitted the day before. Don't know what I'll be like Monday morning!

Back