• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know i shouldnt have but i got weighed today

mona that has happened to me hun i have put a pound on . but there is no way we can really put weight on as we are eating hardly anything i think it is just that our bodies are holding onto everything we eat at the min and im sure in a short while it will come off again well thats what im hoping ...lol

hi mona,i cant help myself,but i get on the scales very morning lol i did'nt lose anything last week but i got on this morning n i lost 2 lbs so i know wot your going through.i wish i could move my body more cos that might help well i know it would help,but its well knackered lol so no point in wishing for somthing i cant have,but keep at it mona it can only get better for us lol xx

Deeby, take the demon scales and leave them at a friend/relatives... This does one of two things, it stops you weighing every day and also it gives you the incentive to visit your friend/relative....

I personally thin having scales to hand is a curse, you can/will become obsessed with weighing in and your body gains weight throughout the day. As Jan (smilergem) also says if you move the scales to a different part of the floor your weight can change also...

I go to Boots about once a week, somedays its a couple of days late, sometimes a day early but never every day!!!

Your losses will start again so don't worry, just keep on trucking girl xx

ah Mona, I do hope I didn't come across as a clever dick! I know what you mean love, I've done nearly 10 days on the milk diet and no sign of weight loss! How frustrating is that! But it just HAS to give in and go eventually, it can't not! Let's give this stubborn weight it's marching orders!

I'm fine honey, thanks so much for asking. .......Surprisingly calm. ;) my bag's packed and I'm ready to go........cue for a song?! :p

But surgery day is Tuesday, I just get admitted the day before. Don't know what I'll be like Monday morning!
No you didnt come across anything apart from helpful!
I just hope i can help you like you have been able to help and reassure me!
As for being admitted, i was admitted at 1pm on the day of my op, and i was on the slab for 2.25pm! It must be like a conveyor belt at the Claremont!

mona that has happened to me hun i have put a pound on . but there is no way we can really put weight on as we are eating hardly anything i think it is just that our bodies are holding onto everything we eat at the min and im sure in a short while it will come off again well thats what im hoping ...lol

Thanks Tray, well our bodies need to bloody well pack in holding on and just let it go, inside me, i have got 2 10 stone beauties trying to get out!!!

hi mona,i cant help myself,but i get on the scales very morning lol i did'nt lose anything last week but i got on this morning n i lost 2 lbs so i know wot your going through.i wish i could move my body more cos that might help well i know it would help,but its well knackered lol so no point in wishing for somthing i cant have,but keep at it mona it can only get better for us lol xx
Lol I had promised myself alannah that i would only get weighed on a monday, but just couldnt help having an early peek yesterday, and then hoping there might have been a shift today, well there was but it was in the wrong direction!! serves me right, i have no choice but to hang on in there!!!

Deeby, take the demon scales and leave them at a friend/relatives... This does one of two things, it stops you weighing every day and also it gives you the incentive to visit your friend/relative....

I personally thin having scales to hand is a curse, you can/will become obsessed with weighing in and your body gains weight throughout the day. As Jan (smilergem) also says if you move the scales to a different part of the floor your weight can change also...

I go to Boots about once a week, somedays its a couple of days late, sometimes a day early but never every day!!!

Your losses will start again so don't worry, just keep on trucking girl xx
Hi jules,
that would have been a fab idea, but i use the wii fit scales to get weighed, that weigh (lol) its all kept track of, along with my exercise.

I am going to keep trucking, i really dont have any choice now, but that pound has really done my head in!!!

xxx

Hi Again
Well, been reading everyone's comments, and it does seem that early stalls are so common (whew thank goodness ;)).
I can't help getting on the flippin scales every day, and move them around the bathroom to get the lightest weight lol.
I shall be getting the Wii fit this week, as my friend is selling it to me, just hope that the darned thing doesn't weigh me heavier than my scales, as shall not be a happy bunny.
I also have several people inside me trying to get out lol.
Really hope that next week we will see a loss, although from what Steph was saying, it may not happen for a couple of weeks :sigh:
I know too that I am not eating or drinking enough, just can't seem to get it all in. By the time I have had my fastab and other tablets and chewy multivitamin in the mornings I am too full for breakfast, so don't have anything else then until lunch, where I will maybe have half a yoghurt or some soup. Then I will have mashed potato or half a WW meal for my tea, and maybe a glass of milk halfway through the evening and a milky coffee before bed.
Here's keeping fingers crossed for losses soon hun :):)

Hi Jan
yes you are right, it does seem normal, but it also does my head in, that the people that know i have had the op keep asking how much i have lost, and now i have to tell them that i am a pound heavier than i was last week!
It was bad enough that they all thought the weight would drop off me overnight, but a gain? Give me strength!
You seem to be eating less than me, although yesterday i wasnt hungry at all, but today i have been hungry, if i feel hungry i can manage 2 activia fat free yoghurts or a full tub of low fat cottage cheese (125) or even a 400g tin of soup without feeling uncomfortable.
I ahve got no choice but to sit back and see what happens, but i am starting to get worried that it is not going to work for me. I know it doesnt work for everyone, i have done a 5 mile walk this week too!

I feel like i'm eating loads ladies, i'm sure my surgeon made my stomach too small......

Yesterday i started using foodfocus to keep track of my intake and i do a 1000 cals quite comfortably... Still keep on trucking i bet pre op i was closer to 3000 and then some! May just do another account just to see how much calories i would have eaten pre op....

lol yes you are right julie, i dread to think how many calories i would have eaten pre op, i have spent 20 years basically eating whatever i fancy whenever i fancy it, i have had about 800 calories today, no one could get fat on that, i need to stop stressing (unless that burns up loads of calories!!)

xxx

Back