• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soz all but not very happy

pinkylin

This prob silly i knw but im a lil bit fed up and down i got weighed on tuesday and ive somehow managed to put on half a pound ok its only half a pound but i never thought id put on weight ever again im only 8 months out and ive lost just over 6st and i feel like im never goin to get to target or my desired size of a 14/16 im currentlyy a size 18 and have been for about 4months and it doesnt seem to be geting any smaller what the hell is goin on its doin my head in and making me think why did i go through all this am i the only one to feel this way dont get me wrong im happy with what ive lost but scared to death that im not goin to get anymore off now ive had that little gain.:sigh:

Any type of weight loss can slow down or have small gains as you get nearer to a normal weight...this happens to everyone.

Half a pound is 225 grams approximately... a good poo will weigh more :D;) To put it in persective thats 2 100gram chocolate bars and a Milky Way, when you are in the shops next pick these items up and you will see it means nothing compared to what you have already lost :)

Try not to worry, beating yourself over such a small gain will only add to the stress.

YOU HAVE DONE BRILLIANTLY and this is only a very small hiccup in the life long big picture.

Try upping your fluids a bit, that can affect losses.

I agree, half a pound is nothing, I can weigh myself in the morning and then weigh myself the same night and be 3lb different then back down again the next morning. Our bodies naturally fluctuate over the day so I wouldnt worry too much. Your weight loss has probably just slowed down as you are nearer to goal :D Try and stay positive, you have done brilliantly. X

I echo what the lovely Caz and Dotty have said,

Keep your chin up hun xxx

yep go have a crap that will sort it hehe :8855:

Hi Lin,

Losing at 8 months is still very possible, and although it isn't as easy as in the first 6 months it shouldn't be that hard either.

Have any bad habits snuck in? Too many carbs, snacking too much, eating foods that just go straight through, drinking with meals etc? Have you considered doing the 5 day pouch test?

I totally agree with what the others have said. I was exactly the same and for 3 months the scales just didn't move. I did the 5 day pouch test and its amazing just how much picking the wrong foods and letting bad habits sneak in just that wee bit. Maybe keep a food diary and see if that helps. Good Luck the weight will start moving again.

thanx everyone ive not done the 5day pouch test but im goin to have a look at it now as for bad habits sneaking and can honestly say i have about 1 or 2 pks of french frie crisps a week if im really craving them and the odd little bit of choc every now and then and i do only mean a bit like 1 sq of dairy milk or somethin coz im to scared to dump so wont push it lol

as for drinkin with food no i dont do this only done that once earlier on after op as food got stuck but thats been the only time i think maybe i might be eating a lil to much carb in the form of toast i have at least 2 small slices of bread as toast a day if not 2 then only 1 but i do seem to be having this every day so i think i need to change that defo and try and go back to ryvita.

I do suffer with my bowels ie ibs where i get constipated so it could of been this i have upped my fluids over the last few wks so i dont thinks its that thanx for all the info guys you really have helped me i dont knw what i do without you all sometimes hehehe

Have you tried benefibre? You must drink plenty of water with it or it can bung you up, but basically it keeps you regular. Works a treat for my IBS, and whichever way you are, it brings you back to normal. Tasteless powder you just mix into a drink everyday.

hiya shell no i havnt but will look out for it where did you get yours from is it from the doc or did you just buy it from the chemist?

I just get it from chemist or supermarket. There is fibresure as well which is the same but I find benefibre mixes better.

Hope you get it sorted and get them scales moving down. Can i say Lin from your pictures you look amazing it looks like you have lost more than 6 stone, so a big well done, do you keep measurements? If you work out you might be gaining more muscle but losing inches. xxx

hi joanne yeh i keep my tape measurments to and im sure i need to do em again hehehe thanx for the remind last time i done em was about 2 or 3 months ago i think so defo need to do em again hehe

i seem to have been a size 18 for flippin ages tho and that doin me head in now lol i was a size 18 when i was 15st something and im now 13st10 and im still a flippin 18 what the hell? surley i should be size 16 by now lol

Back