• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

patsy c

patsyc

Has. Any one got any idea how long it takes for op at sunderland royal i have my 2nd app on 11th june to see dietician

Has. Any one got any idea how long it takes for op at sunderland royal i have my 2nd app on 11th june to see dietician

Hi Patsy, I can only tell you my personal experience: I saw the dietician in July last year and was given a weight loss target of 1 stone, it's a personally decided target so yours may be different. My next appt was with the surgeon in December, but that was cancelled until the February. As I'd more than met the weight loss target it all moved fast from there. I had the camera down in March and (because SRH run a weekend list for otherwise healthy people) my sleeve on May 19th. Hope this helps, any questions just ask! x

patsyc

Hi lisa. That was a good help whats it like to get camera down bit nervous about that patsyc

Hi lisa. That was a good help whats it like to get camera down bit nervous about that patsyc

You can choose a throat spray or sedation. It only lasts 5-7 minutes and I just thought that I could cope with any amount of discomfort for that long, so I just had the spray. It wasn't painful at all. For me it felt like I couldn't swallow properly, but I knew I could so I didn't panic. I gagged twice when the camera went over the back of my throat and my eyes watered, but that was as bad as it got! The nurses are lovely and relax you as it's happening too.

Back