• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss surgery

patsyc

I am pat i am 62 went 2 seminar at royal sunderland on wedensday got my 1st appointment for 11th june can any tell me what will happen then? Just like 2 say hi 2 every 1 this is my 1st post

hiya Patsy, I cant help you afraid, just wanted to welcome you to the site, good luck :) x

HI Pat, had my op in SRH in 2011 Had a gastric bypass. referred in summer 2009 my seminar was in the December. The 1st meeting they discussed what I ate how often I ate you have to be very honest with them, I also dunno if thye still do it fill in a large questionnaire that asks alot of questions. from this form they can assess your mental state and possible sleep apnoea problems, along side snoring and waking yourself up. They will weigh you discuss any medical conditions you already may have and medication you take discuss possible types of wls surgery will be most suited to the way and what you eat. Then another appointment is usually made when you will see the consultant after they have decide which op they will be going for. Think you just need to be open and honest and go with whatever they say they are the experts. I always thought I would have a gastric band, but they suggested the bypass and 10 1/2 stone since referral they were right. Still have weight to lose but hey am where I was when I was 17, 18 and when I got married, I think my body has now plateaud out it is almos 20 months since my op. So you know things can be done. xx Good luck with it all xx Any questions you have I will be happy to try and answer them xx

Hi pat

I was done at srh 2 yrs ago. Had a bypass lost 14 stone it's the best thing I've ever done and Sunderland are starting to really speed up now. Good luck with it and if you need anything know matter how silly you think it's may sound just ask and I will give you a honest answer.

Pat here thanks for all the info really helps to know whats happeing i want the sleeve if i can get it. Any idea how long waitin list is at sunderland royal. Cheers pat x

When I went on 12th November Mr Small said that the current waiting list was approx 4 mnths excluding xmas. I av just received a date 4 surgery which is 21/4/13. Tammy. x

Hi Pat, I'm on the sleeve waiting list at SRH. I had the camera down (I can never remember what the proper name is) in March and Mr Small said "if I tell you you'll wait 5 months it'll be less than that".

Sorry, I pressed send too soon! :-/

I was referred in Dec '11 and the dietician appointment wasn't until July '12. My consultant appointment was scheduled for December, but was cancelled by the hospital so that wasn't until February '13, then the camera in March '13.
I wanted the sleeve, the consultant I saw said a mini bypass had been recommended because of acid reflux. I don't have this (which puzzled us both!) but he did say it was a quicker operation, so whether that means cheaper too I'm not sure. Anyway, I can't stand the thought of being re-plumbed, so it's the sleeve for me, which Mr Small said was perfectly fine.
Good luck and don't worry about the timescale, it will fly over! Xx

Back