• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pcos does surgery help

Sarah4darren2913

Hi so surgery is on 24 th sept I suffer with pcos been really bad this weekend with it in a result got sent to hospital because in so much pain to be honest waste of time because the answer was nothing they can do till I lose weight plus I also want to get pregnant so silly questions can you still get pregnant if I have the sleeve and will it help my pcos:sigh:

I had PCOS prior to surgery. My weight loss cured it. Lots of people also get pregnant after wls. But most consultants recommend you wait a while.

One of my main reasons for going for wls is because of infertility due to PCOS.

All the advice I have read says to wait 12-18 months after surgery before trying to get pregnant.

I've waited 7 years already, so 12-18 months is nothing in exchange for a health beautiful chubby baby. Xxx

You can most definitely fall pregnant hun :) I had PCOS which was the main reason for my surgery, 6 months out I fell for my little girl. I'm 21 months post op now, LG is 6 months old and I'm pregnant again.
Talking from experience, try to wait until your body is ready before trying for a baby. It's hard, hard work. Worth it, oh so worth it! But very hard on you. I wish you the best of luck and lots of magical baby dust xXx

Hi so surgery is on 24 th sept I suffer with pcos been really bad this weekend with it in a result got sent to hospital because in so much pain to be honest waste of time because the answer was nothing they can do till I lose weight plus I also want to get pregnant so silly questions can you still get pregnant if I have the sleeve and will it help my pcos:sigh:

Hi Sarah.

How are you doing since your op? Do you mind me asking if it has helped you PCOS yet?

Gemma x

Hi to be honest so far I have lost 6 and a half stone since my surgery in Sep 2015 I have seen a few changes but not a lot but other people's different hope that help x

Wow! Congrats Sarah.
I too have PCOS and have been hoping to hear of others who have experienced encouraging results post surgery. I'm fortunate enough to have a gorgeous 2 year old princess, born after a year of trying (and with just 1 ovary, as the other was removed due to damaged cyst), so there's hope for others in a similar situation:)

Do you mind sharing some of the changes that you've observed?

I have pcos was 26 stone 10lb this time last year, I had surgery on 19th November. I now weigh 18 stone and a few lb my menstrual cycle has been hit and miss prior to surgery and now seeming to be very often so being referred to hospital. I have extreme excess hair growth on face, arms and on my shoulders and haven't yet seen a decrease in growth. My moods are much better feeling more confident with myself. Not eating the sugary foods will hopefully start to help in the future its just very early stages still. I was told that my pcos was particularly bad however after a while of clomid I was blessed with my son then was told to try again shortly after if I wanted another child and was blessed with my daughter. Everyone is different

Last edited:
I was diagnosed with pcos after having my daughter nearly 23 years ago. My weight has yoyo'd since then. By the time I reached my heaviest I was having maybe 1 period a year. I lost around 6 1/2 stone before and after band. By periods started almost immediately after surgery and became regular for the first time since I was a teenager. Having not been able to conceive since having my daughter I fell pregnant 7 months post surgery!! I now have a gorgeous 6 month old son!! So yes surgery can help pcos. But as someone else said we all react differently. Xx

Attachments

• image-4187218451.jpg
    image-4187218451.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 16
I have PCOS. Was 26st 7lb now I'm 16st 10lb.

My symptoms have got WORSE not better :(

Excess hair and hair loss from head mainly.

Periods are still no existent (aside from a couple).

I've now started eating completely vegan, in a hope to remove all hormones that shouldn't be there (Google hormones in milk and diary)

I hope weightloss helps your symptoms xx

I to have this
I spent 6 weeks on a metabolic ward when I was in my 20s to be told that's why I was gaining weight rapidly . My periods were turning if and when , sometimes with a 6 month gap and then flooding like I was going to float the Ark !
So I dieted , dropped a couple of stone and promptly fell pregnant ! Then ballooned up by 5 stone during that and the rest is diet on and diet off ..
I am now 53 and havnt had a period for approx 10 years , so I bloody well I hope the old crimson tide doesn't raise its glorious red head when I've dropped weight !!
Mindy
Xxx

I have it too. Was over 27st when I started on this (am now 14st something). Had all the symptoms including hair loss, hair gain and had like 3 periods in the previous five or six years.

A couple of months after my bypass my periods came back like clockwork, but all other symptoms remain. Don't think my excess hair has worsened, but it's still there. My hair comes out in clumps with every wash or brush, and I am now investigating a hair integration system. However I know this is due to the surgery rather than the hormones. But the loss was pretty bad before surgery anyway.

I have to be extremely strict with carbs as if I eat potato or bread, even two slices, I lose nothing that week!

Ah the joys!

I have it also I lost 8 stone with my original band and fell pregnant. That fixed my periods which are now light and regular from 3 or four a year and have been for the last five years. Biggest symptom that still remains is facial/ excessive hair. It's horrible!

I have it too. Was over 27st when I started on this (am now 14st something). Had all the symptoms including hair loss, hair gain and had like 3 periods in the previous five or six years. A couple of months after my bypass my periods came back like clockwork, but all other symptoms remain. Don't think my excess hair has worsened, but it's still there. My hair comes out in clumps with every wash or brush, and I am now investigating a hair integration system. However I know this is due to the surgery rather than the hormones. But the loss was pretty bad before surgery anyway. I have to be extremely strict with carbs as if I eat potato or bread, even two slices, I lose nothing that week! Ah the joys!

I have the same issue with breads or pasta. I loose nothing when I eat them xx

Back